Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of fuze is this one ?

Hello,

Can somebody help identify this fuse ? I think it is Britsh, NO80 but what kind/mark ?
    And from wich year ?

Thanks for helping.

It is a No80 fuze but has the adaptor ring attatched to the bottom of it. If this were removed the markings would be on the base of the fuze itself.

hope this helps
    Kev

Comment

Also, the adaptor ring appears to have a partial C broad arrow stamp indicating use by the Canadian military.

Comment

Thanks for your reply's. I have done some more research. Regettably I cant take the fuse apart, so I can't see the bottom.

But What I do see when I shine with a flashlight are the letters
        R.M.C. co
        I googeld it and i means : Russell Motor Car Company
        This is indeed an Canadian company.

Does anyone know till when this factory made ammo ?
        I woiuld like to know for sure or this is a ww1 piece.
        That M28 next to the C doenst mean the year of production isn't ?
        Last edited by Commandor; 03-25-2014, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Commandor View Post
          Thanks for your reply's. I have done some more research. Regettably I cant take the fuse apart, so I can't see the bottom.

But What I do see when I shine with a flashlight are the letters
          R.M.C. co
          I googeld it and i means : Russell Motor Car Company
          This is indeed an Canadian company.

Does anyone know till when this factory made ammo ?
          I woiuld like to know for sure or this is a ww1 piece.
          That M28 next to the C doenst mean the year of production isn't ?
          Hi
          I'm a member of another forum BOCN (British Ordnance Collectors Network) - I found a thread on there that would interest you regarding this. You may have to become a member (its free to join) in order to view the photos. However it refers to a book produced by the Russell Motor Car Company in December 1917, it contains info about war production on the No80 fuze (amongst others), it also says that the contracts have come to an end.
          they may well have got new contracts, so not definative proof that your fuze is WW1.
          you could also post on bocn, members are always willing to help.

here is the link for you to see.... (look at post 20 in the thread, though its an interesting read, with references to RMC throughout)

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/thread...or+Car+Company

regards Kev

Comment

Kev, thanks. I have registrated at the forum. It seems to be a interesting place.
            Meanwhile I have openend teh fuze!

This is the bottom, is it made in 1917 ?

Comment

Hi,

looking at the bottom of the fuze that does appear to be 1917 to me.
              I think also that a car company would only produce munitions during emergency war work, so I think its a safe bet that it would be of wartime construction.

Well done in getting it apart, its nice to have the adapter as well as the fuze.

.....and yes I can highly recommend bocn as a forum. A lot of knowledgeable guys on there covering a wide range of subjects. Suggest you post some pics on there too and see what others say about it, always good to get a second opinion as this is not my area of collecting, I was just curious.........always good to learn something new.

regards Kev

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X