M24 Grenades with arming instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
    Thanks a lot for information jeeeensy. My M24 has the letters "Do". Which filler represents the letter Do ?

Hi I'm sure it is Donarit ( been out of the scene for a while )

Ammonium nitrate - 80%
    Trinitrotoluene - 12%
    Rye flour - 4%
    Nitroglycerine - 4%

Hope this helps ?

Kind Regards Nick

Comment

Donarit is totally what I thought. And I have just to find all the informations on the forum:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=Donarit

Comment

Hi.. Ive posted some M24 in the show us your collections area it may of interest ?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=258567

Best regards nick

Comment

What a great collection Nick, congratulations ! I have only one M24 in my collection ... I have a last question: My M24 dated 1939 has a paper protection inside the head with some residues of filler. Do you know when they stopped to put a protection inside the head ?

Comment

Thank you ..

not sure,, does any one else her know when they stopped using paper in the cans ?

I know in WW1 earlier cans wax cardboard liners were used, maybe in M24 they were lines for K cold climate.. not 100 sure. piccs may help if you can post them please ?

Comment

This is mine, marked RR513 stick and head.

Comment

Last edited by Euronymous; 05-14-2014, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Additional informations for my M24 RR513: The zinc screw cap is marked WaA594 and the can has an ink marking "Do 2.40"

Comment

Very nice M24, thanks for posting it

Comment

Thanks for opinion MG34NZ ! Do you know when they have stopped to use a cardboard packaging inside the cans ? As you can see, my M24 has it with some residues of explosive (light yellow TNT flakes).

Comment

May want to fill the can up with Acetone and let it soak.. then empty it and wash inside out with warm soapy water,,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X