Luger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luger

I picked this luger up in a collection that I bought. Any basic information about the gun and an approximate value would be appreciated, as I intend to sell it. All numbers match from what I can see.
    Attached Files

More pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

Barrel...
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, just realized that I posted to the wrong forum. Moderator, please move this thread to the firearms forum. Thanks.

Comment

Its an untouched shooter....and used a lot, man if it could talk....probably killed a lot of the enemy , as for value Its only a shooter grade...I would say half or 1/3 of of another dwm that is in good to excellent condition....I didn't check to see if its numbers matched.... check on gunbrokers or other luger sites, and then negotiate with the buyer whomever it is.

Comment

Could you post a sharper photo of the left side of the receiver. Posted photo is too fuzzy to make out markings. What is serial number, and does it have a letter suffix (on the front of the frame).

Comment

323 is on the front of the frame. No letter suffix. Is this a commercial model due to the lack of a date on the top?

Comment

?

Gee Doug, what did you use to remove all the finish?

Joking aside I have picked up some Guns from Combat Vets and they had zero finish. Nicest was a 1968 Amnesty MP-40. That baby ran at about 750rpm, not 550. I think the bold had been lightened or something and the extending stock was removed. And that exactly how it was picked up. If Guns could talk that thing screamed. Wish I had pics, traded off years ago to a guy who would not leave me alone.

Comment

Doc,
                  Nice to hear from you. As you imply in your post, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. During the war, it only depended on which side of the barrel you were standing. It's only us armchair generals that judge them by the amount of 'bluing and straw'.
                  Hope to see you at the SOS!
                  Doug
                  P.S. I'll post better pics this weekend, as I plan to sell this gun at the SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
                    323 is on the front of the frame. No letter suffix. Is this a commercial model due to the lack of a date on the top?
                    The first P.08's were not dated, with the first dated pistol being 1910. The markings on the left side of the receiver appear to be the firing proof on the left end, but can't make out the other two markings which may be the Army acceptance marks.

Comment

You have a 1ST Issue 1908 Army which are hard to find if all matching it would be worth restoring. The serial number 323 with no suffix means it was the 323 made on the first run. You should have a serial number on the bottom of the trigger plate. And if you take the plate off you will find a serial number on the trigger.
                      Last edited by lugernut; 02-14-2014, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lugernut View Post
                        You have a 1ST Issue 1908 which are hard to find if all matching it would be worth restoring.
                        I hadn't noticed the absence of a stock lug. But has that left grip been cut for a police magazine safety just back from the trigger? It looks like part of the safety is visible in that left photo.

Comment

This gun restored would not be worth as much...unless the factory that made it is still in business, and THEY did the restoration...(then papered it to say so with a letter)but if its a rare gun ...I would leave it as found, if I were the buyer.....that way you could still shoot it, and it wouldnt hurt it like most mint guns you don't want to take out blasting....is it 9mm or .30?(usually they are 9mm)

Comment

I believe that is the trigger spring that can be seen, instead of the remnants of a magazine safety. Also don't see any sign of a sear safety.

The left grip looks like an Erfurt, and can't tell for sure but the right may be DWM.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to have that one restored, as it looks like it has done serious mileage under a truck seat. It would certainly improve the looks, and could still be used as a shooter. There were approximately 25,000 of the first issue P.08's made, so not rare as to number produced.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Peppers View Post
                              I believe that is the trigger spring that can be seen, instead of the remnants of a magazine safety. Also don't see any sign of a sear safety................
                              I know where the trigger spring is, and remnants of a mag safety would not be found behind the tripper but under the forward edge of the left grip in the area with the square notch cut in the grip as this one has. But the closeup photo shows just a shadow there. Curious about the cut grip. Perhaps it was replaced from a police luger.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X