Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unrestored flak gun and Luft vehicle colour pics sought

Hi,

There is no category in WA for Luft vehicles (or any vehicles ) and flak guns so hope this is the most appropriate section seeing some artillery vehicles here !
    I am trying to establish the true colour of Luftwaffe Flak Guns and vehicles in 1940 and seek photos of unrestored examples, ideally taken out of doors but indoors welcome also. Prewar RAL7016 is mentioned but without seeing an actual wartime colour swatch this is not much use as using the internet to view this colour sees so many variations in squares of colour supposed to be this shade.
    Even parts from flak guns photographed out of doors would be of use. In 1940 they went over to using RAL7021, a colour with less blue in it. Knowing the date of manufacture of the vehicle or weapon would be useful though such is rarely recorded when photographing items.

Thus I may well be looking at examples of both RAL7016 and RAL7021 and it will take an assembly of pics maybe unless dates are known to sort them into two distinct colour sets.

Hope to see photos posted to this thread.

BOBC

I don't think original unrestored vehicles will give you the true colour either...paint tends to be oiled, sun faded, rusted and worn. The best is to find unexposed parts of those vehicles or equipment if you want the real original colour.

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
      I don't think original unrestored vehicles will give you the true colour either...paint tends to be oiled, sun faded, rusted and worn. The best is to find unexposed parts of those vehicles or equipment if you want the real original colour.

Carles
      Quite right, though sometimes an example turns up without such detracting problems, also maybe a member has thought of that and photoed the best surviving part of it, or as you say a boxed item unused etc.

BOBC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X