wooden ammo box ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wooden ammo box ??

Just found this one. IS this some sort of ww2 German ammo or other military box? please help with ID. Item looks used, but in good condition, some repairment or rework at the handles. A label WIth text "Nutz ....43" same writen with ink or pencil at the bottom. Stamp 88 at left side ...

the downside

pereto,
    It's a Patronenkasten.88, for 1500 rounds, but the paint, metal hinges and handle are not original to the box.

Comment

The handle might not be original to the box but it is original german anyhow.

Carles

Comment

Do you think that this alterations may have been wartime rapairment or postwar for sure? The dark green color is upon the hinges alwso but not on the hadle and tha handle montage screws pinnacles stends out about 1cm inside in the box interior empty space and did not show trace of rust as other metal parts.

Comment

I would guess it is a wartime for re-use. Someone needed a box for something, so he took what he had around.

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
            I would guess it is a wartime for re-use. Someone needed a box for something, so he took what he had around.

Carles
            Agree, but it's definitely not a German container.

Comment

Originally posted by sudelmuk View Post
              Agree, but it's definitely not a German container.
              It most certainly is a German made ammo crate that has been altered.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X