Stuka Bomb ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuka Bomb ?

Hello, this is about 5 foot long maybe more, I do not have it on hand but my friend will have it soon and can get an exact length. The markings on the mechanism are German. Is this a Stuka Bomb? Does anybody recognize what it is?

Thanks,

John
    Attached Files

I don't think there were any bombs specific to the stuka.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

HI Simon,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes now that I give it thought that makes sense. So I guess just a large bomb of a certain model.

John

Comment

Hi John, well its definately German, but not specific to the Stuka

What you have is a Flam C 250 Flammenbombe

Thin cased bomb which contained 50kg incendiary/oil mixture.

Very nice example you have well done.

regards Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
          I don't think there were any bombs specific to the stuka.
          There actually was bomb type specially for dive bomber Stuka.

SC 250 mit Gerät Jericho

Siren sound making pipes on Bomb rear wings for demoralize enemy forces and specially used in dive bombers.

Last edited by jiipee76; 09-11-2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the great information Kev and Jiipee

Comment

Thank you for the great information Kev and Jiipee The design with the pipe fittings is amazing. Kev the piece is light for its size, so def. thin skin.

Comment

Nice.

I want one.

Comment

John,

Any story with this item, i.e. how did it end up here in the U.S.? We do not typically see such large ordnance items here in the U.S. as our troops simply did not lug such heavy/bulky items home as souvenirs.

Just wondering . . . and suspecting that there is probably an interesting story behind this item.

Regards,

Alan

Comment

Hi Alan,

The person that my friend obtained the piece from got it out of a barn where it was in storage for I do not now how long. He was not forthcoming with any further information. I was thinking the same thing about how the bomb made it to this country.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jiipee76 View Post
                      There actually was bomb type specially for dive bomber Stuka.

SC 250 mit Gerät Jericho

Siren sound making pipes on Bomb rear wings for demoralize enemy forces and specially used in dive bombers.

That's misleading

It's a standard SC250 with the siren device, they could be dropped by any aircraft or any dive bomber and the stuka was not the only dive bomber in luftwaffe service.
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

The first question that should be asked with ordnance is, is it live? Has this been de-activated? Or is it a practice bomb? Looks pretty dinged up and the yellow paint is curious. Please be careful,,,,

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ963jJBO8o

Fast forward to 38.20 mins.

Comment

Nice !

Quite obvius an Original Stuka bomb....very nice !, and very rare....indeed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X