No announcement yet.

MK103-108 3cm minen rounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i'm not mistaken, those rounds in pic 1 are MK101, not MK103.
    I had a whole bunch of these from the original source, and some of the shells still had paint: yellow, with bright red ring above the drivingband.
    Fuzes were 1504 and painted yellow as well.

You were lucky and got a decent set of 103 belts, in that condition, they are very hard to find and much rarer then the rounds.

Such a shame they bent out the shells, instead of pulling them.

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

Hello Zünder,

Yes, it is true, they are for MK101 not for MK103. I have just realised the primer is different. I hadn't seen them because they were rusted but as I'm cleaning I can see them well. Pitty the guy drilled through the primer
      Yes the guy I bought them to told me that: yellow with red stripe. Seems he and another guy found the lot, and his colleague decided to deactivate by taking the fuzes off and burning the shells!!!!!

OK then, mistery solved. I will restore as "3cm Sprgr. L'spur o Zerl.". So I din't want to collect 3cm and now I've got MK101, MK103 and MK108 rounds

Zünder, could you post your's?

Carles

PS: I have restored the cases by reshaping the mouth, so shells fit well now.
      Last edited by me6_130; 04-15-2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Those rounds were all found in magazines for a MK101 mounted in a Erdkampflafette, they sold the magazines as well, but i missed those unfortunately.
        The majority of the shells in those belts were 3 cm Mi.Spgr. L'spur o. Zerl, also mixed in were a few 3 cm Mi.Spgr. L'spur o. Zerl with aluminium adapter and 3 cm Spgr. L'spur o. Zerl.

@Carles: sorry, i sold most of my MK103 collection, i only have the odd case, a few Hartkern and some beltlinks left, and those will go as well.

Zünder

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

Thanks anyhow Zünder. Do you recall what maker was stamped on the shells? I would like to print the right one.

Carles

Comment

Perhaps it was something like this one I have found browsing around:

Carles
            Attached Files

Comment

2Carles: no, i can't remember. But i will have a look and see if i can find a drawing for you.

But the one you are showing looks similar, and mighty fine....

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Comment

Work in progress:

Does anyone have a spare 1504 fuze??

Carles
                Attached Files

Comment

Some info about MK101 ammo:

Carles
                  Attached Files

Comment

Almost finished:

Carles
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think I've finished. Do they look OK? Not trying to fool anyone, just a couple of restored rounds. I know font isn't the same but it is what I have.

Carles
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice

Comment

New guys in town

Gentlemen,

Newies in the collection: some Hartkern. New project ahead. The last one has really nice paint.

Carles
                          Attached Files

Comment

This is what I am studying now. The right dimensions to reproduce the balistic cap.

I believe the remains of the old one can be removed with lemon juice?? Would acetic acid or vinegar work the same?

Carles
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
                              This is what I am studying now. The right dimensions to reproduce the balistic cap.

I believe the remains of the old one can be removed with lemon juice?? Would acetic acid or vinegar work the same?

Carles
                              Vinegar does it just fine.I have removed 10´s of 2,8cm magnewin cap remains with it.Also few 3cm and one 3,7cm.

I have ballistic cap made from aluminium for the 3cm.Not completely ready yet.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by jiipee76; 06-09-2014, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Someone will be letting me a lathe so I will try to make some caps. Have you not threaden your's?

This projectile is the best of them.

Carles
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X