Stick Grenade Assistance Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick Grenade Assistance Please

I assume this to be a post war reproduction and wanted to check with you guys. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

3/4
    Attached Files

Comment

5/6
      Attached Files

Comment

7/8
        Attached Files

Comment

9/10
          Attached Files

Comment

Additional info. The can has a faint "K" in a box stamped on it. Hard to tell as it's very light. The inside of the end cap looks to have a dark red worn paint. The end cap has bits and flakes of green paint like the can and ring. Would further photos be of assistance ? Thanks, JR

Comment

I think it looks legit. One question....'cause they don't add this details to the replicas....inside the can should be a plate just past the threaded section. This was used to hold the explosives inside, with a hole in the center for the detonator to pass through. Most are crudely pushed in/bent/cut to remove all of the explosives. Yours is either not present or has been precisely cut out. Is this correct?

Comment

I don't feel a plate on the inside but thought that I would get a mirror down in there to check it out.

Comment

You can actually feel where the plate was cut with precision just beyond the last rung of the threads.

Comment

I first tought you mentioned it was a replica/post war but now I see you don't now for sure. I think this is an original item. Even the paint looks good to me.
                    Last edited by pionier; 01-19-2012, 09:24 AM. Reason: wrong post

Comment

I bought this at the MAX show a dozen years ago. The vendor from France had a couple more nice ones and this one. I purchased this one, and the others were snapped up right away. I just never knew for all these years. Can I get some assistance on the pricing of a nice condition one like this ? Thank you.
                      Last edited by JR.; 01-19-2012, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I'm not too sure on this one!?
                        i have been keeping a record of all the makers marks i see on stick grenades and i have never seen
                        WXK 43 or oz 44
                        Also it looks like each letter has been struck separately by hand instead of using one just one stamp?
                        one other thing the triangular crimps on the top thread of the stick just don't look right they look too small
                        I would like to hear the opinions of some other stick collectors before i pass judgement but if i was going buy it going by the pics here i would say its a v.good fake but i would like to handle it to be 100% sure

Comment

German M24 stick-handgrenade

Hi Reidmuller, hello to all,

you are right Reidmüller, your doubts are founded:

It IS a fake at 100% - a well done fake though.

The end-cap and screw might be the only original pieces present here, so
                          perhaps only 98% fake/Repro !

Sorry for these bad news, but that's what I'm convinced of !

Ferdinand

Comment

had a bad feeling about this one,but was not 100% sure....many thanks to Fern and Reidmüller to confirm my doubts....a high end fake

Comment

Oberjäger, I would be fooled by this one too. Sorry for giving you the false hope . Also, I can't find 'wxk' back in the ordnance list.
                              (If someone may know where it stands for I would like to know so I can add it to makers list)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X