C/22 primer tool - need info on it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C/22 primer tool - need info on it.

Would really appreciate if someone could post a couple pics of the tool used to remove or replace C/22 primers.

Greatly appreciate any help
    Mark

Here are some pics.

The tool is unfortunately not in good shape, marking barely readable.
    It is a common tool to the C/12 nA and the C22. Removing the central screw allows you to switch from the C/22 (pictured) to the C/12 nA. The screw is completely fused with the handle, so I cannot show you the other side.

Comment

That is exactly what I needed - thanks for taking the time to post these pics - much appreciated.
      Cheers
      Mark

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures.

I'm also interested in one of these Removal Keys but have yet to find one for sale.

I am going to have a go at making one of these but could do with some more information about the C/12 part of your key.
        Most of the C/12 primers that I have seen are of the same dimensions as the C/22 - so I would assume that the same end attachment part would be used for both.

I believe that there was a primer with 3 recesses/nooks on the outer edges of the primer - would that correspond with your key?

Could you please post some more close-up images of the joint, or describe what the shape of the primer recess would be?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Pete

Comment

You guys need this kind of tool-set,which have tools for every german primer.
          Attached Files

Comment

This above set is Finnish army toolset for field artillery primers/detonators.

Primer tool T-Wrench toolheads are direct copies from german originals.Only the T-Wrench tool is different looking(made to accept all size primers).I can give precise dimensions of the C/12 or C/22 toolheads if you need.There were 3-slot/recess ones and 2-slot/direct recess ones of virtually every german primer types.Brass ones useally with 3-slot and steel ones with 2-slot.

Here you see picture from german manual of the key and its proper german name:
            Attached Files

Comment

C/12 Primer Tool

Thanks for the Photos and the diagram of the C/12 tool jiipee76

The diagram is very helpful as I believe it shows that the C/12 adaptor is reversible.

Are there any more diagrams or pictures in the handbook for this?
              Any text about the tool would also be useful - even if it's in German.

Thanks again for all the pictures.

Kind regards, Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Recymech View Post
                Thanks for the Photos and the diagram of the C/12 tool jiipee76

The diagram is very helpful as I believe it shows that the C/12 adaptor is reversible.

Are there any more diagrams or pictures in the handbook for this?
                Any text about the tool would also be useful - even if it's in German.

Thanks again for all the pictures.

Kind regards, Pete.
                All toolheads are reversible yea.Different toolhead on both sides.

I will check manuals if there is better pictures of tool.

Comment

C/12 and C/22 Tool heads

Thanks for that jiipee76.

I would also be interested in the Dimensions and Pictures of both sides of C/12 and C/22 tool heads.

I have prepared some drawings for the one I want to make, but I need some pictures of the reverse side of the Tool heads for the C/12 & C/22.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you manage to get hold of the Finnish army toolset for field artillery primers/detonators?
                  I would love to have a set like that.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards, Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Recymech View Post

If you don't mind me asking, where did you manage to get hold of the Finnish army toolset for field artillery primers/detonators?
                    I would love to have a set like that.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards, Pete.
                    This type complete set is VERY rare.

I have not seen any other complete sets anywhere...

But i let you know if i can find another set or few someday.

Comment

Primer Key Tool

I have done a bit more searching, and also got some of the Primer Key drawn.

Here is my drawing - complete with translation from German munitions document

I think that I have got the key fairly accurate so far.

If not then please let me know so that I can correct my drawings.

Kind regards, Pete
                      Last edited by Recymech; 01-11-2014, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Here is some dimensions for you.

Small error came to pic.2.2mm is meant to be for 3-slot knob height.2-slot height is 3mm.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by jiipee76; 01-11-2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Primer Key adaptor Measurements

Thanks for the measurements jiipee76,

These will be very useful.

Kind regards, Pete

Comment

Home-made C/12 and C/22 Primer Removal Tool

Hi All,

When I compiled the drawings of the broken down tool, it was always my intention to get one made until I came accross and got my hands on a real one.

The first stage was to make one out of wood which could then be used as a Template towards making one out of Metal.

Here's what I came up with:

The next stage was to get in touch with an old Uncle of mine who lives down in Cornwall.
                            He has an extensive workshop and builds and repairs all sorts of machinery stuff.

He very kindly made me one out of polished steel.

I'm well happy with what he has created and it works perfectly !

Just need to get hold of an Industrial Engraver now to add the text to the Handle.

Still looking out for a Real One - so if you have one then please let me know - can be in any condition!

Kind regards,

Pete.

Comment

That is a really nice item your Uncle made for you . . . for sure a keepsake even after you (hopefully) obtain an original for your collection!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X