Stielhandgranate post-war??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stielhandgranate post-war??

Was the stick grenade (i.e. Mod.24 and 43 Stielhandgranate) still produced and issued in the various sectors of Germany after the end of WW2, or did all production cease at the end of the war (or perhaps even before given the emergency production of concrete - and nipolit (??) hand grenades)?

I know other countries used stick grenades post-war but I am specifically asking about Germany - i.e. use by the occupying forces and by paramilitary units created post-war (I would guess by the time of the creation of the BW and NVA that these forces were equipped with US and Soviet grenades respectively).

I have in my collection a solid 'practice' (metal head, wooden handle) stick grenade supposedly of DDR original, but believe this is a sports item rather than a training version of something in service, although I also have an East German red-painted hollow grenade body for the same purpose that is modelled on the F1 then in service with the NVA...

anyone know?

Comment

We still had the solid training stick grenades in the NVA for practice in the late 1980s, but none were in service. Most grenade throwing practice was done with the F1 and of course actual grenade field use was only with the F1.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X