No announcement yet.

Grenade, what is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gents let's not get emotional over this, I really don't care what it is and made no claims it is anything. It's just a curiosity piece brought to me by a picker. Like Mr. Jerry posted there is nothing in the can part, it's just filled with sand. There is no fuse string in the butt. I'd be more inclined to think it is some kind of practice device like our military uses in training.
    Garth

Comment

Garth,

Im not implying that you have claimed this is something its not,rather I just want to make it clear that its not genuine,its detrimental to collecting and collectors to have items out there that are being promoted as being originals based on opinions of a few people that may not have the experience or access to reference material to make an informed judgment call on such items.If these are given a green light a lot of people will pay a lot of money for rubbish and further down the track when these people figure out what they have purchased is junk it leaves them with bitterness, resentment and mistrust for others.Not a good way to encourage collecting and collectors in the long term.

The long and the short of it is that its not a practice device its not even a period item,these grenades are fakes and reproductions and very bad ones at that. Sometimes you get a good buy and sometimes you dont and unless you are an expert in everything that's the risk you take.
      Had it been an original item you would be onto a winner but as stated the spelling of part of the arming instruction is wrong,its not just missing a letter the letter was never there. The WaA is also wrong in that it is "Wa A " this marking does not have any space between the A's on originals.

I hope this makes it clear that this is and never was anything like an original item.It is 100% fantasy,Fake and Reproduction and should be sold as such.

MG34NZ
      Last edited by MG34NZ; 08-13-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Hello all,

Another for reference.

William Kramer
        Attached Files
        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

I knew a Swiss guy who used Swiss granade sticks to make replica/fake granades by adding a transfomed tin.

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by MG34NZ View Post
            Garth,

Im not implying that you have claimed this is something its not,rather I just want to make it clear that its not genuine,its detrimental to collecting and collectors to have items out there that are being promoted as being originals based on opinions of a few people that may not have the experience or access to reference material to make an informed judgment call on such items.If these are given a green light a lot of people will pay a lot of money for rubbish and further down the track when these people figure out what they have purchased is junk it leaves them with bitterness, resentment and mistrust for others.Not a good way to encourage collecting and collectors in the long term.

The long and the short of it is that its not a practice device its not even a period item,these grenades are fakes and reproductions and very bad ones at that. Sometimes you get a good buy and sometimes you dont and unless you are an expert in everything that's the risk you take.
            Had it been an original item you would be onto a winner but as stated the spelling of part of the arming instruction is wrong,its not just missing a letter the letter was never there. The WaA is also wrong in that it is "Wa A " this marking does not have any space between the A's on originals.

I hope this makes it clear that this is and never was anything like an original item.It is 100% fantasy,Fake and Reproduction and should be sold as such.

MG34NZ
            I would hope that this excellent explanation finally puts this piece of junk where it belongs.

Comment

M24 dated 1937
              Attached Files
              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Nice Rare Original ... very had to find in this condition ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X