Hand Grenade Fuse Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand Grenade Fuse Colors

Hello, I first did a search on the Forums files and could not find anything, so I will ask now. Please correct me and add to this information if you can. Thank you,Michael

WWII Germans had 4 types of timed grenade fuses based on how long they lasted.
    >Red = 1 second
    >Blue = 4.5 seconds
    >
    >Yellow = 10 seconds

http://www.inert-ord.net/ger03a/gerhgr/m39/index.html

Comment

Hand Grenade Fuse Colors

Thank you Sir for the link ! I will save it. M

Comment

He is wrong about the flat-top caps, those were also used by germans in WWII.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
          He is wrong about the flat-top caps, those were also used by germans in WWII.

Hi,

I don't agree with that affirmation.

He is NOT wrong.

The yellow flat top fuzes are all post-war, mostly NVA used. (Ex DDR army)

Never existed or used during WWII !!

Kind Regards,

Ferdinand

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand W. View Post
            Hi,

I don't agree with that affirmation.

He is NOT wrong.

The yellow flat top fuzes are all post-war, mostly NVA used. (Ex DDR army)

Never existed or used during WWII !!

Kind Regards,

Ferdinand
            So, how do you explain that....????
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice!....and thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                So, how do you explain that....????
                Hi Gran Sasso,

I don't see what this could prove ? A nice egg39 with "winged" BZE 39 on a period photo.
                It is really not visible that the fuze has a flat top, or what did you mean ?

You can be sure that the yellow, flat-top fuzes are not WWII, I'm more
                than convinced about that.

Thanks for the picture though.

Ferdinand

Comment

the fuses that are shown on the inertord site are post war and they are mentioned to make people aware that they exist as I have seen many items sold with a post war fuse touted as original, the knob is aluminum with a flat top,I believe some also had a brass body.DDR produced and used and the Czech's also made a fuse like this the TZ-2 http://lexpev.nl/fuzesandigniters/cz...vakia/tz2.html

German post war ANZ DM67A1 http://lexpev.nl/fuzesandigniters/ge...anzdm67a1.html

War time BZE 39
                  http://lexpev.nl/fuzesandigniters/germany/bze39.html

No mention of a flat top during the war,The photograph is interesting but may be just a trick of the light creating the impression of a flat top? It would be nice to see a pile of flat top fuses with maker codes to prove the theory but for now it looks like the evidence suggests the flat top fuze is post war

MG34NZ

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand W. View Post
                    Hi Gran Sasso,

I don't see what this could prove ? A nice egg39 with "winged" BZE 39 on a period photo.
                    It is really not visible that the fuze has a flat top, or what did you mean ?
                    Hi Ferdinand, this foto shows without doubt a flat top fuze lid. The foto is dated september 1944 BTW.

Comment

Hi,
                      Is it possible to scan that grenade again (larger close scan)?

Comment

same site noticed a german ww2 late war grenade bomb with the flat top in question?

http://lexpev.nl/grenades/europe/ger...adebomlet.html

Comment

perhaps you are looking for this kind of fuze....it is more flat than usual...
                          Attached Files

Comment

BZE 39 fuze

Hi Jens,

many thanks for showing this type of fuze - this would
                            make sense of course and I agree at 100% that the 1 you show is
                            authentic WWII !

But the yellow "flat-tops" won't get my green light, never !!

Thanks again for the fantastic picture !

Ferdinand

Comment

Maybe a little bit late, but I´m totally agree with Fern and the others about the plane lids, totally Post War.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X