Strange cardboard container grenade

i receive this 2 cardboardcontainer grenades can you help my for id the mod
    stamped on fuze FUZE M200A1 LOT PMC 2-42
    if you know value on this strange grenade
    Attached Files

pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello, Try Posting these on BOCN site.. this has a dedicated area for Grenades and is purley for ordnance.

http://www.bocn.co.uk

Regards nick,

Comment

thx nick

Comment

A US Mk.III grenade.

http://www.lexpev.nl/grenades/americ...tates/mk3.html

This site has most of the variations

Comment

very interessant site can you give me a value range i will sell 1 from the lot .

Comment

I really have no idea, they don't turn up that often. The big issue I see with yours is that they don't have the labels which were most likely lost when they were taken apart to be demiled. Considering though they were of limited issue, not manufactured to last since they were made of cardboard, and 65+ years have passed since they were made it's neat to see at least two survived. Wish I could help you out with that.

Eric

Comment

this is the first i have encountered since i collect if i have a corect offer i will let go one of the brothers .

Comment

How much do you expect? They don´t have labels, don´t have right spoons, maybe even don´t have right fuzes... I can say you that a real complet one with markings and right fuze and spoon was sold in a site for 65 euro some months ago. Also, there is plenty of fakes of these cardboard grenades and I´m not saying yours are fakes.

Comment

this 2 brothers came direct from a barn and when found the 2 brothers are still alive a friend have demil the 2 cans from the and fuzes to
                    i have see that this grenades are genuine and not rebuilded or fakes . but one of the brothers are sold to a fine guy that know the real value of such a piece
                    thanks for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by RED LION View Post
                      this 2 brothers came direct from a barn and when found the 2 brothers are still alive a friend have demil the 2 cans from the and fuzes to
                      i have see that this grenades are genuine and not rebuilded or fakes . but one of the brothers are sold to a fine guy that know the real value of such a piece
                      thanks for all your help.
                      As I told you before I´m not saying they are fake, but not in the nicest condition for an high price, you understand?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X