What grenade go in this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What grenade go in this ?

Hi. Youst bring home that german case for grenade or shell but dont know for which. I see on it 7.5 but for what cannon? Any help welcome.

Most likely a 7.5cm Pak40.

Comment

hello
      could you post other pictures (inside, cover..) and sizes?
      Regards
      J-Mi

Comment

First pic: 7,5 cm Sp. gr. Pak= 7,5 cm Spreng granate Panzer Abwehr Kanone. But a rare case for that round.
        Last edited by Grenademan2005; 10-06-2010, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Second pic: Patr= Patrone 7,5 cm PAK 40.
          Last edited by Grenademan2005; 10-06-2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Because I lloking for that styl box for pak40 but not found and for that reasons I think maybi for something other. Inside is empty( nothing use information in it or on covers) but when made photo I get on forum.

Comment

I am curious about 2 things.

1. What length is each container?

2. On the second I can only read "Patr 7.5 _ _ _ _ 40". What are the letters between 7.5 and 40?

PC

Comment

It is no so long cc 50 cm but tomorow I will made photos and corect measures.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul C View Post
                  I am curious about 2 things.

1. What length is each container?

2. On the second I can only read "Patr 7.5 _ _ _ _ 40". What are the letters between 7.5 and 40?

PC
                  The word Pak is easy to see, (I think), you have to guess the upper part of the P and the k, the a is still well readable. And on side of the 7,5 I guess "cm". Good to have you here Paul, because I think we have here two rare cardboard tubes.

Comment

iF for the PAK40, the container will be too short, 50 cm. Maybe for transport the loose shells to the assembly place for the complete cartridges? There are wooden boxes for the cases only, so it would be "normal" to see packages for the shells. Never seen one before.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchknive View Post
                      iF for the PAK40, the container will be too short, 50 cm. Maybe for transport the loose shells to the assembly place for the complete cartridges? There are wooden boxes for the cases only, so it would be "normal" to see packages for the shells. Never seen one before.
                      I was thinking along the same lines as Dutchknive but I can't be sure as I have never seen a 7.5cm projectile box to be able to measure what would fit inside. I have seen many of the 5cm Pak/KwK projectile boxes so it would be safe to assume they exist for 7.5cm projectiles.

Thank you Miguel. Just trying to do my bit to help. I am sure between us all we will work it out in the end.

PC

Comment

I go to see in my "war" room and it measures are 47cm and I look inside. Must be for granade without shell only if exist . I must to say only that is one box but photo it from 2 side .

Comment

Then it is a container for transport the shell to mounting factory? It is a very interesting packaging then.

Comment

I must say , i am not convinced that this is a "transport to the factory" tube.

The HE shell for 7,5 cm Pak 40 was the 7,5 cm Sprenggranate 34, which was 34,5 cm long, incl. fuze.
                            Single shells would have been transported to the factory without fuze, which would make even shorter.
                            Why transport a 29,5 cm shell in a 47 cm tube, in a time where material shortage was at the order of the day ?
                            And even if it would have been for this shell, it would have simply been marked "7,5 cm Spgr. 34", because during transport it would have been irrelevant as to what the end use would have been (Pak 40).

When you look at the german manuals you will have a very, very hard time finding a "Patr. 7,5 cm Pak 40"(incomplete term) or "7,5 cm Sp.Gr. Pak"(this one is both incomplete and not correct, it should have been "Spr.Gr.").

Questions:
                            - what's the diameter of the tube ?
                            - is it possible to get better, high resolution pics of just the markings, lid, base and inside ?

Comment

If you do a big zoom you can see the r between the p and the g.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X