• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model 24 Stielhandgranate

The cap is repro.
    How often has a ring appeared?
    I think there is some post war paint.
    Can someone tell the manufacturer and the authenticity for me?

[/QUOTE]

With those enormous pics is difficult to say anything, but with the 2 that I can see in the handle I would say that it is an wc43 or 44 handle, yes, the end cap is repainted, but original, but I don´t like the fuze well of the pot. Can you shot a, (smaller), pic of the top of the pot, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Grenademan2005 View Post
      With those enormous pics is difficult to say anything, but with the 2 that I can see in the handle I would say that it is an wc43 or 44 handle,
      yes, the end cap is repainted, but original, but I don´t like the fuze well of the pot. Can you shot a, (smaller), pic of the top of the pot, please?

[IMG] ttp://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6320/78589451.jpg[/IMG]

Can you tell me what the end cap is in my pictures? Is this the threaded metal for the small cap at bottom?

I have cap, image attached.
      Last edited by ObltKG4; 10-02-2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

+++

Semi-repro.

Comment

Elaborate.

Comment

Why semi repro? I think just it is a repainted grenade. As an wc43 handle your grenade need an iron end cap with a plain cardboard disc. The end cap of the pic is made of zinc and with a springled cardboard disc which was used with early grenades until 1940.

Comment

Originally posted by Grenademan2005 View Post
              Why semi repro? I think just it is a repainted grenade. As an wc43 handle your grenade need an iron end cap with a plain cardboard disc. The end cap of the pic is made of zinc and with a springled cardboard disc which was used with early grenades until 1940.
              There's an easy explanation for your confusion. The pictured end cap is a separate purchase which did not come with the grenade. I needed an end cap to screw on to the grenade as it did not have one.

Everything else came together. Aside from the obvious paint job to the can, do you think it is legitimate?

Comment

+++

Hello,
                This looks as a new part to me. Probably a picture from above on a sunlight would help to clear this. Regards, DM

Comment

But new? If it is an original part added to the stick is a restored grenade, I think it is an original in all parts grenade, just repainted and restored. Also seems like a rubber ring between the connector and the handle, you can take off this ring as it has nothing to be with the grenade, surelly added for elude movement of the connector.

Comment

Hi Miguel,
                    I'll answer at your e-mail. By my opinion these forums are often used by fakers to "improve" their items. Don't forget that, we are full of willingness to help collectors, but (very often) we do help fakers do better fakes...
                    I think some peculiarities would be better not to be open to public.
                    Last edited by HGrenadier; 10-03-2010, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HGrenadier View Post
                      Hi Miguel,
                      I'll answer at your e-mail. By my opinion these forums are often used by fakers to "improve" their items. Don't forget that, we are full of willingness to help collectors, but (very often) we do help fakers do better fakes...
                      I think some peculiarities would be better not to be open to public.

I bought this at a military show in town last year.
                      I was a bit ify on the general construction of the grenade and wanted
                      to be sure I have an original.
                      Can you email me about the area in question.

Thanks,
                      David

Comment

Hello,
                        This looks as a new part to me. Probably a picture from above on a sunlight would help to clear this. Regards, DM

Could this 'new' part be an original added to the top fuse area.
                        As I say, I want to be sure I bought an original (even if some parts are from another original M24).

I am going to remove this rubber ring as it is not authentic.
                        I have seen some M24s with the space where this rubber ring is on mine.

***** Also, can you tell me if the WC 1943 can is original???
                        Thanks,

Comment

You have already the answer to all your questions, only seeing the number 2 on the handle I told you that your handle was an wc one. How you think I can know this? Right, look my ID. Your grenade is totally original, just repainted. No problem with the top connector.

Comment

Agree. Looks original - a bit odd due to repainting.

Comment

Agree. Looks original - a bit odd due to repainting.
                              Thanks for letting me know. As I mentioned, I bought it at a local military collector show as my first M24.
                              I mainly collect tunics and medals.
                              This looked pretty good to me as I know there are a lot of fakes out there, most being very obvious.

Are all the parts of the grenade repainted or can you tell me what parts have original paint?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X