No announcement yet.

An interesting piece of wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a 45 caliber bullet I found in a tree, but recent unfortunately... There were two in the same tree.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Loup View Post
      Back at home I put a knife in a crack in the wood, and quickly split it open. As can be seen, I found a piece of copper driving band from a shell caught in the wood. As far as I can see, it is a piece of a US 75mm driving band.

This discovery has no monetary value, but it is the type of gadget I really like to find! Who would guess this piece of rotting wood is over 65 years old, and has fragment of copper made in America in it?

Jean-Loup
      What a great find. Keep it just as is! I've seen tons of sections of tree's from American Civil War battlefields with musket balls embedded in them. They display wonderfully. Great find.

Comment

Dont worry man, I will elave this one exactly as is of course.
        I see you only have 4 posts here, but seem to know A LOT about ammunitions!
        I have been finding quite a bit of spent US and German ammunition recently, and will post photos of some of them in a few days. I hope you will be able to help me identify some of them!

JL

Comment

Sorry for bringing up this old topic but I thought you might be interested in this piece. Found it last week near Monschau (Eifel area).

Comment

Dont be sorry. It looks like American 155mm driving band!

JL

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X