Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brennzünder 24 box

Hello.
    I have just got hold of a very nice Brennzünder 24 metal box for the German stick grenades.
    I think these boxes are quite rare, as I can't remember seeing another one of these for sale.
    The paper labels are in very good condition.

The box itself looks to be produced in 1938, but the labels seem to be 1941 dated. The box shows clear signs of being reused, as there are clear signs of a earlier sealing-tape on the outside.

Comment

The sealing tape wich is still present, is not completely separated, and still hold the two parts of the box together.

Does anyone have any boxes like this in their collection?
      I'd love to see more pictures of boxes like this.
      And just for fun, can anyone estimate a value on this item?

Now starts the search for some Brennzünder 24's to keep in the box

Cheers
      Bjørn
      Last edited by Bjørn; 03-13-2010, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Very nice BZ24 box! I have one like this and one cardboard BZ24 box also I have one of the tin type thats reissued for anz29 fuses,same box and its had several new labels on the lid.Will try and do photos tomorrow

hard to say what value,its nice order but they do surface from time to time,I paid from 35 to 50 euro each for my examples

MG34NZ

Comment

Yes, they are not very rare items. Of course, in this condition are very nice and not so common, but not rare as MG34NZ says, at least here in Europe. The cardboard inserts are original to the box?

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the responses.
            The cardboard inlay is original yes.
            I also have one unused Brennzünder 24 to have in the box. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow. (I'm at my girlfriends house right now) I also have two original Sprengkapsel nr. 8 boxes as well.

Kind regards
            Bjørn

Comment

Post a pic of all when you can, please. Always interesting see German boxes.

Comment

Heres the two BZ24 boxes one 1939 in tin and one 1940 cardboard
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is the BZ 24 Box (1937) reissued for anz29 fuzes, and a couple of the items the BZ24 will fit into ;-)

Regards
                  MG34NZ
                  Attached Files

Comment

WOW, what a nice selection, Man!!!! More, more!!!

Comment

Very nice MG34NZ. exellent pictures. And a very nice collection.
                      Here are some more pictures of my boxes.
                      The Brennzünder in the box is a live one.
                      Notice how the string end matches the damage in the cardboard inlay.

Comment

Here are the two boxes for the Sprengkapseln Nr 8 that I was talking about.

And at last, the acsessorie boxes inserted in one of my grenade frames:

I guess I need to find some more grenades to fill up the rack
                        I hope you like the pictures.

Greetings
                        Bjørn

Comment

Can you read the dates of the Spk8 boxes?

Comment

I have not been able to find a date on those boxes. It looks more like a serial number... on the box to the left, it says 1134 or 1164 (the numbers are hard to determine) and on the other one it says 3336.

Edit:
                            I think this will turn out to be a nice reference thread, as I just did a search on the forum, and could not find any (previously posted) good information regarding these Brennzünder boxes.
                            Last edited by Bjørn; 03-15-2010, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Very nice Bjorn,I like your Spk Nr 8 boxes!!
                              Love to see more of whats out there!
                              Regards
                              MG34NZ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X