Panzerschreck markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzerschreck markings

I saw a Panzershreck at a gun show in Florida, Im interested in it and it looks real has KXS in the handle and a SA on the tube.

Anyone have any good tips for where to look for things to make sure it is real?

Also is it legal? are there things that should be removed or deactivated to ensure legality?

For it to be a legal weapon it must be one of two things. Either a papered Destructive Device and therefore a live weapon or it must be demilled to BATF specs. Demilling would be a hole the same size as the bore (88mm or 3.5 inches) near the chamber end and a metal rod across the chamber that does not allow a rocket to be loaded into the tube.

A registered DD is going to be quite a bit more expensive than a demilled item.

Although I am not quite up to date on the DD's. I am curious if they can still be registered? I know that NFA class III firearms are no longer able to be registered for sale to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by streicher12 View Post
      I saw a Panzershreck at a gun show in Florida, Im interested in it and it looks real has KXS in the handle and a SA on the tube.

Anyone have any good tips for where to look for things to make sure it is real?

Also is it legal? are there things that should be removed or deactivated to ensure legality?
      SA means it is ex-Finnish.It must be deactivated already,as such weapons need goverment license to export from here LIVE.

Comment

OK but there was no bar and there was no hole in it. it looked operational but it did say SA on the tube

Comment

If it was intact with no demil I would hope that it's a registered DD probably on a form 4. Most of the panzerschrecks I've seen for sale lately have been SA marked Finnish imports. It's still a german schreck, just with an extra coat of funky green paint. Did it have a shield?

Comment

Bunkermilitaria had one, exactly as described for sale for the longest time. They let it go for about $2,800.

Comment

KXS is the makers mark for Schricker & Co. of Firth-Vach.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X