A cry for help!!! Is this a Bazooka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moconfed View Post
    Considering this has made it almost 70 years without being destroyed, and unless you were planning on marching around town with this sitting on your shoulder, I would:
    1.Make the gent a good offer.
    2. Restore it, or hell, leave it alone- the green paint and shipping labels add to it's own history.
    3. Take pride in owning such a device, and breathe easy knowing that "Big Brother' has no idea that you own it.
    As our country continues on it's downward political slide, remember that eventually the tree huggers will decide to relieve us of our right to defend ourselves, and what do you think will be some of the first items to go? If you register that/inform the BATF, don't get too attached to it, if you see what I'm saying.

I'm with ya!

Comment

Easy on the NFA rulings guys.

I did a little research on this when I came across a PIAT (which now falls into the category of C&R). I believe there is a good chance this would also be in the C&R category.

If true, It's still a firearm, but completely manageable from a shipping/owning sense.

Check out the ATF website for the current C&R listing to see if this is on there.

I found that US production bazookas are considered destructive devices, but it seemed like foreign production ones made the cut for C&R.

Just something to look into.....
      ------------------------------------------------
      Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

I finally got a chance to do a bit of research.

It's listed on Page 47 (at the bottom) of the C&R list:

http://www.atf.gov/publications/down...-p-5300-11.pdf

-----------------
        Guess I was only partially correct!
        Last edited by scotty1418; 01-15-2010, 12:18 AM.
        ------------------------------------------------
        Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Once Again

Let me be VERY CLEAR that this is a NFA item and needs to be registered as such with the ATF. Off the link you posted on the ATF Book I copied the title so everyone can see it:

SECTION IV: National Firearms Act Weapons
          Classified As Curios Or Relics Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44
          The Bureau has determined that the following NFA weapons are curios or relics as defined in 27 CFR 478.11 because of
          their dates of manufacture. These NFA weapons, classified as curios or relics, are still subject to all the controls under
          the NFA
          . However, licensed collectors may acquire, hold, or dispose of them as curios or relics subject to the
          provisions of 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44 and 27 CFR Part 478. They are still "firearms" as defined in 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44

Shreck is a C&R and can be transferred as a C&R to a licensee. BUT! It is still NFA requiring the correct ATF Form 4 and tax being paid. In PM I even talked jmilesII on why it is a FEDERAL crime to deactivate/demill it now. So Jim be my guess to jump in as well.

Comment

Very nice piece!!!
            Last edited by jiipee76; 01-15-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

awesome !!! very nice

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X