UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father Christmas exists, here is the proof ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father Christmas exists, here is the proof ....

Hi all,

Finally, I believe in Father Christmas.
    Here is the gift I've found just under the Christmas tree

Regards and happy end of year.

Very nice again Bruno!!

François

Comment

aaaaa nice you must of been a good boy

Comment

Bruno,

You must have been on the very top of Father Christmas "NICE" list.....much better than getting a lump of coal.

She also looks complete with the wrench, reset plunger & the spare fuze well...(missing from my unit).
        Is the calibration book also # matched to the unit? Bruno can you post a photos of the final calibration date that is stamped in the book...I would like to compare it to mine.

As you can see from my avatar Im very fond of the JFeder504.

I will post some photos of mine tonight so we can compare.

Bruno congrats on this latest addition to your collection.....well done my friend.

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks for your nice comments. Not sure I've been so a good boy this year

For Glen, here is the first page of the calibration book...

PS: The box is complete and all the pieces are the same number.

Regards

Comment

Jfeder 504

Bruno here are the photos of my JFEDER 504 looks like im only 160 units past yours.

Comment

Hi Glen,

Very nice box !! Looks like your calibration book has been stamped by French army in 1953. This kind of material has been used (in case of ?) after the end of WWII...

Regards

Comment

Woooww...

To put a cherry on the cake...

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...OIBUAA:NL:1123

I don't think Ebay knew what it was....

François

Comment

WoW.... thats almost how much I paid for mine.......

Bruno thanks im glad you like the book. I have seen at least 6 units with the same French inspection stamp.......I wonder if a alot of these where captured in France as the war came to a close.

Great stuff Keep them comming.
                  Last edited by whsammler; 12-30-2009, 02:30 PM. Reason: More verbage oui oui!

Comment

rooky here what is it?

Comment

For François,

For Glen, I'll try to find some more information about the reuse of the J-Feder by the French army.

And, by the way, happy new year to every body.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by whsammler View Post
                        .... I have seen at least 6 units with the same French inspection stamp.......I wonder if a a lot of these where captured in France as the war came to a close....
                        Hi Glen,

I've asked some friends of mine and here are the answers: the J-Feder has been used in the French Army until the 70's for instruction and practices purposes (until French igniters were available).
                        It has been told that proofs of control have more often been stamped on specific French paper instead of the original control book.
                        At the end of the 90's, J-Feder stocks have been downgraded and destroyed.
                        Hope it helps.

Best regards

PS: About the number of J-Feder in French Army, no official idea but if you know 6 units in Canada.. I let you imagine (with a little work of statistic) the initial number - don't forget that all of them should have been destroyed.... -

Comment

what is it
                          ...Used for large scale delayed demolitions. Delays are possible from ¼ hour to 21 days...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X