Exhibit: German Rifle Grenade Systems 1942-1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhibit: German Rifle Grenade Systems 1942-1945

At the Eastern States Exposition Center ("the Big E"), West Springfield, MA (USA), 31 May (0900-1700) and 1 June (0900-1500),.

Originally posted by Craig W.C. Brown View Post
    At the Eastern States Exposition Center ("the Big E"), West Springfield, MA (USA), 31 May (0900-1700) and 1 June (0900-1500),.
    Craig, Post some good picts. of the display Comming up next weekend...BILL

Comment

Hi Craig

Did the event happen? Would love to see some pics!

Best,.>Rob

Comment

Yes we need to see some good picts. with good closeups of the German Norwegian rifle with modified 98k grenade launcher, and closeups of the discription sheets as well as the weapons themself... Looking foward to seeing the picts...BILL

Comment

Scott got some overall shots but since nobody requested detailed shots timely I don't think he took any. The exhibit is now retired but may reappear for the NRA collectors show in the Fall of 2009.

Comment

Well, how about posting some general views for those of us who are 3000 miles away from Springfield, MA and won't be attending the show in 2009 either? I would sure appreciate it.

Comment

and New Zealand is just a bit further on........

Comment

Hi All

Not sure if the pics will eventuate, so I have found a small display of grenades & fuses I did a while back. Perhaps this will do in the mean time...

There is a bit more on my ordnance collection at http://www.fieldgear.org/ordnance.htm

Best,.>Rob
                Attached Files

Comment

Prima! Excellent collection and first-class display technique. Scott has overall pics but I don't know if he has posting privileges here.

Comment

Tried to post a link to pics already posted on a forum but this sytem would not allow. Sorry!

Comment

Fieldgear,

Thanks for posting that photo. Great stuff. I never get tired of seeing that 61mm Sturmpistole grenade. It's my favorite and the only one I've ever seen in a collection.

Regarding the Springfield, MA show photos, I think we can both agree that we're a bit far from the venue to just drop in for a peek. But I actually think I'm growing weary of the anticipation of eventually seeing a photo of the display. Perhaps I'm getting too used to the immediacy of the Internet.

Sszza2, how about a hint of where the other forum is so we can possibly go there and see the images? Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Ordnance.

Its not a fabulous example, but they are also not exactly thick on the ground. Now if someone would just send me the sleeve for the gun for my birthday.........

So Sszza2, I too am keen to go look. I thought it might be WK2Ammo but seems not...

How about a hint??

Best,.>Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X