My two 88's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two 88's

I'm not really an ordnance collector, so I don't know anything about these except the fact that they are 88's. If anybody would like to tell me what I've got here, I would certainly appreciate it.

I assume they are both Flak rounds and not used for tanks, but please correct me if I'm wrong?

The first one is my cutout. This probably came from an artillery school originally.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WWIIBuff; 12-04-2007, 11:22 PM.

Cutout 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Cutout 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Cutout 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Cutout 5
          Attached Files

Comment

The bigger piece...
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The first is 8,8cm Sprenggranate L4,5 as used for Flak 18, kwk36 and so on. The fuze is an AZ23/28 for ground targets.

Second is a 8,8cm Flak 41 Sprenggranatpatrone but I´m unsure if the Shell belongs to the casing, are you able to show some pictures of the shell itself? It should have a boat tail if it is the right one!

the wirting on the drivingband means INERT in finish, this is cause they came from that country in big numbers.

Comment

Even though the Finnish did keep a lot of the 8,8cm projectiles there are still original german manufactured but I do know they only ever had the 8,8cm Flak 37 and no 8,8cm Flak 41's.

Excellent sectioned projectile...did you do it yourself?

I cann't really see but is it a AZ 23 fuse in the yellow projectile?

Comment

The sectioned projectile looks like one made by a dutch collector, who offers these on fairs on a regular basis.
                          But i think it looks absolutey great.

Comment

Very nice 88's. I've always wanted one for myself to display. I saw a couple nice complete ones at Knob Creek in Oct. What is decent price to pay for one here in the U.S.? I think the ones at the Creek were around $500-$600.

Comment

88's

Sorry for the delayed response guys. I'll see if I can take additional pictures this weekend of the shell by itself and the fuze.

No Paul, I actually bought the round that way off Germany Ebay. It looks like it was done a long time ago, so perhaps this was some sort of training round?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X