Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large rifle tank grenade

Hello all.

I have a rifle grenade that is ground dug piece from eastern front. Inside where detonator is located I spotted a maker marks and a date, "cpk" 1942.

Do you guys know who is a maker of this grenade?
    Attached Files

Well, here in the state of California in the USA, "cpk" is short for the restaurant - California Pizza Kitchen.

But for your item, "cpk" was the manufacturer code for: Internationale Galalith-Gesellschaft Hoff & Co., Metallwaren / Munition, Hamburg-Harburg 1, Seehafenstraße 16 (HH)

I did not realize there are maker codes inside the stems of the gr.G.Pzgr. Now I am going to have to check all of mine.
    Last edited by WWIIBuff; 08-09-2020, 01:55 PM.

Comment

cpk was not a manufacturer of complete grenades, it only produced bakelite parts................

Comment

Originally posted by klarkon View Post
        cpk was not a manufacturer of complete grenades, it only produced bakelite parts................
        Thanks klarkon, I was wondering about that too, however their name does not appear on the short list I have for bakelite manufacturers, but now I can add them to it.

Comment

I have 3 pieces of Große Gewehr-Panzergranate, bakelite parts were made by companies:
          gbm - Vereinigte Isolatorenwerke A-G(Viacowerke), Berlin-Pankow, Wollankstraße 32-33
          gds - Gebrüder Dahlhaus, Holzwarenfabrik,Kunstharzpresswerk. Schalksmühle/Wesfalen
          lkd - Westfälische Metallwaren-Fabrik Christophery G.m.b.H., Iselrohn- Obere Mühle 57

Comment

Thanks for adding three more to the list klarkon. Four of mine do not have any markings at all, and two I cannot get to as they are in my display case, but one additional makers mark I can add from my last one is:
            kfx - Preßwerk Winkel, Schulte & Conze, Herscheid (NW)

Comment

I have the following:
              2 x stamped, but no makers code
              what looks like ggj, but I find no info on that one. The last letter is something elongated.
              1943 gfc - Julius Posselt, Gablonz an der Neisse, Sudetenland
              44 kfx - Preßwerk Winkel, Schulte & Conze, Herscheid (NW)
              43 gbm - Vereinigte Isolatorenwerke A-G(Viacowerke), Berlin-Pankow, Wollankstraße 32-33
              43 gds - Gebrüder Dahlhaus, Holzwarenfabrik,Kunstharzpresswerk. Schalksmühle/Wesfalen
              1943 cpk - Internationale Galalith-Gesellschaft Hoff & Co., Metallwaren / Munition, Hamburg-Harburg 1, Seehafenstraße 16 (HH)
              44 lkd - Westfälische Metallwaren-Fabrik Christophery G.m.b.H., Iselrohn- Obere Mühle 57

Comment

ggj - Gebrüder Berker. Spezialfabrik für elektrotechnische Installations-Apparate, Schalksmühle, Westfalen.

Comment

Thanks for reply guys, interesting.

When did the German army start using them? 42 model must be early.

Comment

Here you are !............................

2kOB.jpg

Comment

https://imgway.cz/v/2kOB.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X