Jan
    Attached Files

great job....nearly impossible to make it better

Comment

nipolit

better pic off this one
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice indeed. Not seen the last shape before, but I like it!
        Cheers
        Switch

Comment

Have you ever seen original Nipolit grenades ?

Comment

Nice. They are not fakes, they are "museum quality reproductions".

Are the two Nipolit Eihandgranate the same size? I assume they are and that the camera angle is just making one look larger, plus he did not mention that he was making two sizes.

Did you paint the yellow ones yourself, and did the originals come in both colors? What did you put over the paint to give them that "aged" look?

Sorry for all the questions.
            Last edited by WWIIBuff; 05-31-2020, 10:37 PM.

Comment

John, two different sizes of the NIPO eggs exist...the fat and the slim, same as with the concrete eggs.....

Comment

there is an egg 250 gr and an 500gr ,

i did the paint job , standard heer sand & green from a spray , aged it with wood stain on wather base ( medium oak )

on the pictures you see 2 real nipolit i had a long time ago ,that i did't kept in the collection ,because too dangerous

Regards ,

Jan
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oberjaeger View Post
                  John, two different sizes of the NIPO eggs exist...the fat and the slim, same as with the concrete eggs.....

Thanks Jens. I knew the original Nipolit Eihandgranate had two sizes, I just forgot that the maker of these reproductions had made both sizes until I saw Jans pictures above.

I told the maker that I have a couple friends in Germany who might be interested in a set of these, but he messaged me this morning that you have already been in contact with him. That's great!
                  Last edited by WWIIBuff; 06-01-2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tijl26 View Post

i did the paint job , standard heer sand & green from a spray , aged it with wood stain on wather base ( medium oak )

on the pictures you see 2 real nipolit i had a long time ago ,that i did't kept in the collection ,because too dangerous

Regards ,

Jan

Thanks Jan. I am still waiting for mine to arrive, they are stuck in Germany due to Covid, but I wanted to know how to make them look as good as yours when they arrive. I appreciate the information.

Nice originals, thanks for showing them. So they also made smooth-sided Eihandgranate Nipolit. Is the smooth one the 250 or 500gr?

Comment

Originally posted by tijl26 View Post

Regards ,

Jan
                      Yes, it is certainly very dangerous to remove the explosive. But what kind of explosive, picric acid, TNT ?

Nipolit is like a plastic / resine ?

Comment

They used everithing what's left ,charges off aviation bombs ,and more ,
                        is a complete mix and very unstable

Comment

D'ont remember any more ,but i think it ware 250 grs

Comment

it's only explosives ,nothing else and very instable

Comment

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
                              Yes, it is certainly very dangerous to remove the explosive. But what kind of explosive, picric acid, TNT ?

Nipolit is like a plastic / resine ?

The entire grenade is made from the explosive material, inside and out, there was nothing to remove.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X