What type of German Shell is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of German Shell is this?

I was hoping you guys could tell me about this shell, Is it an 88 ? You can see it has been modified in a cool way. Came from a WWII Army Chaplain’s group.
    Attached Files

Difficult to say from those pics...for me, at least. If you could provide the diameter perhaps we could start working.

Carles

Comment

I would say a 7,5 cm Vickers (Dutch made, german used) but more pickures will help

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys.. I guess i did forget that important photo. Here it is the photo. About 4 inches..
        Attached Files

Comment

75 x 495R rim dia.102mm
          This is bottom of shell case for the Dutch 7,5cm Vickers TL Nr.1 gun (TL =Tegen Luchtdoelen /Anti Aircraft). In 1935 the Dutch government bought 72 pcs 7.5cm Vickers guns. In those days they were very modern guns with a seperate fire control and predictor unit that could steer several guns. They formed the backbone of the Dutch AAA.
          In 1940, they were taken over as spoils of war by the German AAA units as the 7,5cm Vickers M.35 (h). The rest of cartridge described here is a dutch manufactured cartridge (N.V. Nederlandsche Maschinenfabriek ( Artillerie Inrichtingen), Hembrug Zandaam).
          Later, German cartridges were produced for use in captured Dutch cannons.

Comment

That’s it! - thank you !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X