various Brennzünder for the german hand grenades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

various Brennzünder for the german hand grenades

some spare time here due to the circumstances…...went through quite a few Things that I have, and thought to share a bit.

Here.....Brennzünder for the german Hand grenades, various variations. Mostly intended for egg grenade M39, but for stick M43 as well.

Note the differences:

1) main Body....brass, Aluminium and zinc
    2) wingnut…...a few differend styles
    3) protection caps...various versions

This is not an accumulation of all variations that existed in WW2, this is just what I have (and found amongst my Things)……

If you have other variations, pls post here! Could be interesting and informative, and something we do not have the time for in normal times…..
    Attached Files

Standard BZE39, wingnut downwars, for egg M39. Standard small protection cap for time delay tube….
    Attached Files

Comment

same as before, but wingnut turned upwards, to be used on egg M39 and Stick M43....
      Attached Files

Comment

later Model, Brennzünder 40. Note the different style of the wingnut….to be osed on egg M39 and Stiel M43
        Attached Files

Comment

earlier model of Brennzünder, intended for use with egg M39.

Hexagonal nut, brass main Body. Note the unique adaptor to take the Sprengkapsel / Detonator Np8......
          Attached Files

Comment

same as before, but Aluminium Body, and Standard adaptor for Sprengkapsel Np8. Sprengkapsel attached here (inert of Course)…..
            Attached Files

Comment

again early type of Brennzünder, Aluminium Body with four sided nut instead for hexagonal nut. Protection cap is a bigger plastic screw- on cap that covers a bigger area…..
              Attached Files

Comment

and last but not least, a red Brennzünder 40 that had a different delay time. Main Body in brass. This one was used with different Luftwaffe ordonance like the Meldebüchse, Landungsrauchzeichen etc

I do not have and never had a yellow head. Cannot Show, should be shown in this list. Sorry ;-)

No more variations here. Now….up to you, gents!
                Attached Files

Comment

Comment

I like those a lot, thanks for adding here!

Comment

I was hoping for a bit of more interest here, Maybe not as interesting as I thought….

I am sure there is some interest, and some nice other Brennzünders to Show, so come on gents, write a few lines and Show what you got!

Comment

Originally posted by bergler View Post
                        I was hoping for a bit of more interest here, Maybe not as interesting as I thought….

I am sure there is some interest, and some nice other Brennzünders to Show, so come on gents, write a few lines and Show what you got!
                        I’m definitely interested, and nice thread! I’ve got a random jumble of Brennzünders buried deep in storage. But I doubt that any are as good as the ones you have shown here.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfen View Post
                          I’m definitely interested, and nice thread! I’ve got a random jumble of Brennzünders buried deep in storage. But I doubt that any are as good as the ones you have shown here.

Michael
                          ….mine were buried Deep down somewhere as well, but as we all have a bit of extra time now due to the circumstances, I dug some stuff up again. I was very surprised to see what I have, did not know ;-)
                          So I was surprised to see all the variations even in my "assortment", so thought to share those. Dig up yours as well, will be worthwile, I am sure! You will surprise yaself!

Comment

Nice thread Martin - I look forward to other contributions!

Comment

Great thread, thank you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X