Nb. 39 Nebelhandgranate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nb. 39 Nebelhandgranate

Here I have a Nb. 39 Nebelhandgranate for review. It has been deactivated and the strings have been removed. Could you please tell me if it looks authentic? If so how much are these worth? Thank you everyone for your help!
    Attached Files

very nice orginal example

Comment

Best I have ever seen!

Would be very interesting how it has been deactivated…...I can see the hole that was used to empty the can, but how did they remove the smoke stuff inside? This is no liquid??

Comment

Originally posted by bergler View Post
        Best I have ever seen!

Would be very interesting how it has been deactivated…...I can see the hole that was used to empty the can, but how did they remove the smoke stuff inside? This is no liquid??

The head was filled with a solid mass that was a mixture of zinc or aluminium powder and hexachloroethane, a so-called "Berger mixture". This mass weighed 445 grams.

Comment

Originally posted by klarkon View Post
          The head was filled with a solid mass that was a mixture of zinc or aluminium powder and hexachloroethane, a so-called "Berger mixture". This mass weighed 445 grams.
          Exactly….so how did they get this solid mass out of this small hole? That would be quite interesting ?

Comment

wonderfull piece never seen a such nice piece .
            congrats to this find

Comment

price depends EUROPE OR USA .
              here in europe would say 500 -&-??

Comment

Originally posted by bergler View Post
                Exactly….so how did they get this solid mass out of this small hole? That would be quite interesting ?

The mass is not too hard, it can be relatively easily crushed with a thin screwdriver and gradually emptied...................

Comment

I have seen this mass solid as a rock as well…….hard as concrete. Even if it is somtimes softer, there is no Chance to get to some palces of a can with a thin screwdriver through a hole like this. So I think it has maybe been chemically dissolved ?

Comment

Thank you everyone for your feedback! Are the smoke grenades relativity more on the rare side then regular grenades?

Comment

Very nice example!

"Bergflak" provided some great information on this thread, with a link to his website;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1030520
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X