Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with Tool Identification !

Hi all,

Got this recently as part of a Flak / Pak bundle - but have no idea what it is, or how it was used

Any help with Identification and use would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Pete.

Last edited by Recymech; 02-27-2020, 01:07 PM.

Other Parts

Need help with these as well - again - came as part of a Flak / Pak bundle.

These items are not really my thing - so if you are interested, P.M. me.

Kind regards,

Pete.

Comment

Sorry my reply isn't to help but I am curious as to what Pak items you got. Always interested in that sort of stuff.

Thanks
      PC

Comment

I am not sure about the tool and other parts, except the half-circle piece of metal with the red/white paint on one side, and camo on the other. That is not flak related, it is part of a signalstab, a handheld circular device on a stick used to direct traffic.
        Attached Files

Comment

Parts I.D.

Big thanks for the Info and Picture on the 'Signalstab'

I was sceptical myself about that Item being Flak / Pak myself.

Hopefully someone will be able to I.D. the other items - especially the First round metal bit.

@ Paul

Not into anything Pak related at all Paul - All I was after on the bundle deal was the Fuze Setter below:

which is currently in the process of getting cleaned, and if possible freed off

And included were some other AZ 23 Flak tools that I had been after.

See link - http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...3&postcount=25 New Items to my Collection !

Kind regards,
          Pete

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
            I am not sure about the tool and other parts, except the half-circle piece of metal with the red/white paint on one side, and camo on the other. That is not flak related, it is part of a signalstab, a handheld circular device on a stick used to direct traffic.
            the red/white paint on one side, and camo on the other is not really a signalstab used to direct traffic
            but more used to communicate on the battle field.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-2006-0061,_Polen,_Artillerie-Gefechtsübung.jpg

"Artillerie-Gefechtsübung.
            Der in der Feuerstellung befindliche Melder fordert mit Hilfe von Winkerkellen von der B-Stelle die Schiessgrundlagen an.

(Artillery combat exercise.
            The detector in the firing position requests the shooting bases from the B point with the help of trowels.

They normally come by pair with a pouch.

56474577_841997949593690_5659115850569875456_o.jpg

56575854_841998212926997_4618576743698006016_o.jpg
            Last edited by Höhe 112; 02-29-2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Höhe 112 View Post
              the red/white paint on one side, and camo on the other is not really a signalstab used to direct traffic
              but more used to communicate on the battle field.

[ATTACH]4583061[/ATTACH]

"Artillerie-Gefechtsübung.
              Der in der Feuerstellung befindliche Melder fordert mit Hilfe von Winkerkellen von der B-Stelle die Schiessgrundlagen an.

(Artillery combat exercise.
              The detector in the firing position requests the shooting bases from the B point with the help of trowels.

They normally come by pair with a pouch.

[ATTACH]4583065[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4583076[/ATTACH]

Well I learned something new, thanks. Are they different from the ones used to direct traffic? Or the ones used by Panzer commanders early in the war before radios were installed?

Comment

'Signalstab'

OK,

Thanks 'Höhe 112'

Great Pictures of the use of these items.

So these were used - as the name suggests - to Signal / Communicate.

Is it fair for me to describe and pass these on as 'Artillery' Based - or just 'Field Communications' equipment in General

Kind regards,

Pete.

Comment

Tool I.D.

Here is another version of the first Tool - slight differences, but the same size as the first one:

It certainly looks like are other parts that are needed to operate/use this tool
                  - going by the holes and cavities.

Looking forward to finding out what this is and how it would have been used.

Kind regards,

Pete.

Comment

Tool I.D.

Hi. I don't know the exact dimensions of your tool, but I have an idea.The photo shows the bottom of 8.8 cm Sprgr
                    Attached Files

Comment

Unknown Tool - ???

Thanks for the thought on the base part of the 8.8 cm Sprgr 'lukmat85'.

Just took the measurements and this would be too small for that.

Here are the Vital Statistics : -

Smaller left end.

Larger right side.

Have also done a basic line drawing of the thing - not sure if it helps any

There are No signs of any Threads to suggest that this was screwed into anything

Interesting is the internal 'V' Shaped Groove - I have come across something similar on vice tools to locate and secure round bars.

I will have another trawl through my German Ordnance Docs to see if there is anything there to Identify it - course it might turn out to be something completely different

Kind regards,

Pete.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X