Two nice KM metal eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two nice KM metal eagles

I picked up this group from a show this weekend, the two piece KM eagle and cockade is really nice, the other eagle is marked 72 I think. This came from one soldier.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by kalamees View Post
    I picked up this group from a show this weekend, the two piece KM eagle and cockade is really nice, the other eagle is marked 72 I think. This came from one soldier.
    if this lot came from one guy he had a interesting life as HJ, SS, Political leader and Kriegsmarine .Not really a chance of that

Comment

He was Royal Signals, perhaps he got around a lot, are you saying that they are bad?

Comment

Hi,The 1st eagle is not Navy,It is a party eagle Sa or HJ.Jay Parisi

Comment

Hi Kalamees,
          Nice birds but I agree with the others and doubt they all come from the same guy (unless he was a very busy individual). What you have here is 1 KM Tellermutze set (gold eagle & cockade) 2 early style NSDAP eagles and the bottom gold one is a late pattern (M1939) NSDAP eagle in cupal (not Kriegmarine) made by Fritz Zimmermann of Stuttgart (RZM # M1/72). A KM Officer eagle wouldnt have a RZM # & would have the same proportions as the one on your tellermutze set except larger

Cheers

JC
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guy, I am glad that I posted them all now I would not have guessed that it was SA. It also came with a cut off Army tunic eagle, they all came in the same tin. I have no reason to question the seller as he had other badges which I liked and he did not include.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JAYP View Post
              Hi,The 1st eagle is not Navy,It is a party eagle Sa or HJ.Jay Parisi
              i think you will find the gold eagle with the cockade is navy not party

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyds View Post
                i think you will find the gold eagle with the cockade is navy not party
                I agree. The big clue here is that all Wehrmacht eagles (Heere & KM) have a Laurel leaf wreath and NSDAP (and government) eagles have oakleave wreaths instead. Furthermore, the cockade attached to the eagle is also of armed forces & government style (national colours) while the party cockade has a swastika like (or similar too for earlier versions) the attached

JC
                Attached Files

Comment

I did not comment on the eagle with the cocade just the party Eagle.Jay Parisi

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                  X