Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Life Jacket with Sleeves ?

So...

I bought an older KM collection, and in it are 4 different type of life jackets...one of them, I have never seen before.

He did catalogue everything, but the only description on the paperwork that fits is:

Kriegsmarine Life Boat Jacket.

It is a bright yellow, full jacket, and has individual pockets for rubber air bags. Very similar to a Kapok vest, but these rubber bladders are removable, and around 15cm x 5cm in size each. It also has short sleeves, that when worn, maybe go down to the elbow.

I can upload pics in the next day or so...but can anyone shed some light on this in the meantime?

TIA

Mike

Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Post war with added markings? Looks modern to me...Hope I'm wrong...
      Looks very odd...(and new)

Comment

All markings, manufacture date, and KM Adler all appear to be correct.

I do recognize the central clips from another KM jacket...cannot recall where, though...

All the rubber bladders have lost their air...and the buttons to secure them looks like the same type used on Zeltbahns.

I wonder if it is foreign jacket? Maybe originally civilian?

I have looked over the web for days, and cannot find anything like it...wartime or post war.

Mike
        Last edited by harrison987; 02-18-2019, 08:24 PM.

Comment

It´s looks for sure postwar made.
          I haven´t seen any shinny metal hooks (see the red arrow) on any wartime made lifevest what I can remember. They are normaly black or grey.

The KM stamp don´t look 100% right either.

Andy
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AndyC View Post
            It´s looks for sure postwar made.
            I haven´t seen any shinny metal hooks (see the red arrow) on any wartime made lifevest what I can remember. They are normaly black or grey.

The KM stamp don´t look 100% right either.

Andy
            +1.

Cheers,Morten.

Comment

The stamps look like ones on vests that I have (or have had) in my collection and do not instantly worry me (although I'd need a closer comparison to be sure, only going on memory here). But I have never seen a vest like this one and many elements of it do not strike me as typical for a wartime KM vest. It might be something for a very particular and uncommon purpose for which only a very small quantity was ever made, but I doubt it..
              Martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X