griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the Schnellboote propaganda film DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have the Schnellboote propaganda film DVD?

Back when the Atlantik Pirat forum was up and running, we had a very detailed section of posts about Schnellboote. There was also a DVD available from an archive in France of a short German propaganda film about the S-boote. I had purchased a copy through an Atlantik Pirat forum member, but it has since been lost and I cannot remember the name of the film. I though it was "Stukas of the Sea" or something like that, but cannot find any information.

I know that several previous member of the Atlantik Pirat forum are on WAF, so is anyone familiar with the film I am talking about, and do you know where I can purchase a copy of the DVD?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hello. Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8A9Rr9JQNA

If it is, you may be able to download it from there using other means, or simply watch it online.

Comment

Yup that's it, thanks. Although the DVD I had did not have the large black bar covering 1/3 of the screen when the subtitles come up.

I was actually mixing it up with another DVD I have - Asse zur See - Ein Filmbericht von unseren Schnellbooten (Aces at sea-A film report from our speedboats). This is the one that is the propaganda film, whereas Stukas of the Sea is a documentary.

Now that I know which one I need, I was able to find the DVD for sale again. Hopefully it does not have the black bar on the screen.

Comment

Here the link to the prpaganda film "Asse zur See"..bad quality on youtube but still interesting to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZwsINhIetY

regards
        Christian

Comment

Thanks Christian, unfortunately the DVD I have of "Asse zur See" is almost just as bad.

For me it is a very spooky film to watch. The night attack sequence in the last part of the film is probably exactly what happened in the English Channel on the night of June 8/9, 1944. That was the night 7 boats of the 9.Schnellebooteflotille attacked and sunk the two US LST's that my Great Uncle and his company were taking to Normandy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X