KM BeVo breast eagle side by side comparision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM BeVo breast eagle side by side comparision

This is another piece from the bulk insignia buy I did recently. I had recently posted a very nice looking KM BeVo breast eagle I bought off the Estand and everyone really liked it:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=961660

So, in looking at the tunic-removed one I had in the bulk batch, I figured I'd compare the two. I found three differences between the eagles (There may be more):

1: The head is a slightly different profile. The tunic-removed one is more rounded.

2: There is a significant weaving difference on the right leg near the wreath.

3: The top leg of the swas (nearest the eagle) flares out at the end. This might be from distortion due to the removal from the tunic, but I don't know.

Everyone has been so helpful to me as of late, so I figured I'd post the two side by side with the differences highlighted. The tunic-removed eagle is the one with the red circles on it. Hopefully it helps someone (if in fact the other eagle is bogus, or rather that they are both good and just a little different from one another).

Thanks folks!
    Attached Files

Hello,

Both are nice original KM BeVo weave enlisted breast eagles. The differences are minor weave variations that occurred during manufacture. It happens more than most people think.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
      Hello,

Both are nice original KM BeVo weave enlisted breast eagles. The differences are minor weave variations that occurred during manufacture. It happens more than most people think.

Fred
      Thanks Fred. If nothing else, a good education on the weaving variations.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X