KM cap eagle for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM cap eagle for review

As mentioned before, KM items are not part of my collecting experience, but this (along with a few other KM insignia) came in a large lot I bought recently. I notice right away that the eagle has no feet, and I know that's a red flag for other branches. I have seen a few of these (although not this particular pattern) on reputable dealer sites that also didn't have feet, so not sure what to make of that.

Opinions here are most appreciated!
    Attached Files

Hello,

Not a KM guy but I like this eagle.

Fred

Comment

Looks good to me.

Comment

Thanks guys. I assume this is a private purchase eagle? Only because it looks like the PP Heer eagle patterns.

Comment

why do you beleive that this one is good, please?

Comment

Hello,

Although a Heer collector, I like the die cut back, the pattern and the embroidery. Do you think that it is fake??

Fred

Comment

Original eagle of oine of the embroidered versions seen on side caps and NCO Schirmmütze .
              Nick

Comment

Honestly, if Fred and Nick both like it, I trust them. Going in the "good pile" so to speak.

Comment

For most cloth, unless you have provenance or wartime photographs in wear the best you can say is “wartime compatible” construction. Easy enough to make post-war as well, but since most insignia are cheap items not much effort is put into debunking them the way there is for awards.

Fred has put in more effort than most in this area and is an invaluable resource on the forum, but without more evidence posted it still boils down to conjecture for items like this. Best to keep it and continue to look for examples with provenance or photographs of the eagle in wear.

Best regards,
                  —-Norm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X