X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Tropical Jacket Opinions please

A friend of mine needs other opinions and value on this please
    Attached Files

original tunic ,no idea what its cost today.

Comment

Thanks! Any other opinion and realistic market value?

Comment

Im trying to learn how to tell if an eagle has been restitched and are wondering what you guys thought on the eagle posted?

Comment

Originally posted by bsrmilitaria View Post
          Im trying to learn how to tell if an eagle has been restitched and are wondering what you guys thought on the eagle posted?
          On a tropical jacket like this the eagle would normally be machine sewn on. Normally it would also have sand collared background and not green as in this case.

Comment

I would say a estimated value would be around 800-1000 $ The shoulderstraps looks very nice , but I am pretty convinced that the eagle is a resewn Coastall artillery eagle which lowers the value.

Comment

Well, it looks like the national emblem IS machine sewn in the 'zip and flip' style. Better photos would help but it looks all original. I had a twin to this garment also with dark green backed breast eagle. The NCO straps are hard to find and I would have placed the value a little higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                Well, it looks like the national emblem IS machine sewn in the 'zip and flip' style. Better photos would help but it looks all original. I had a twin to this garment also with dark green backed breast eagle. The NCO straps are hard to find and I would have placed the value a little higher.
                By the zip and flip style , do you mean that the eagle is machine sewn at the top boarder and the rest is attached by hand as in this case ?

Comment

Yes, that is what it looks like to me

Comment

You could be right , in that case the value goes up. But close up pictures would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by danish dragoon View Post
                      On a tropical jacket like this the eagle would normally be machine sewn on. Normally it would also have sand collared background and not green as in this case.
                      Thanks Jen for the reply! That is good to know.

Comment

Thanks Guys, the eagle is indeed like Mike said, period done, stitched at the top and flipped and finished by hand like we ve seen many times and i owned a few like that.

Can someone tell me who the maker is please?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Daniele C; 03-24-2018, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks Daniele, those shots show well the reverse stitching: factory application, bird with dark green backing

Comment

The only stamps I can see on the pictures is the BAW and size markings. The BAW marking has not anything to do with the maker. The stamp is a depot stamp and stands for: Bekleidungs Amt Wilhelmshaven.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X