Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine White Shirt ?

Hi guys,

I recently came across this Kriegsmarine shirt / blouse and never have delt with one before. Does this look okay to you guys?

Thanks for the help!
    William
    Attached Files

a
    Attached Files

Comment

b
      Attached Files

Comment

Shirt

Any stamps or tags?

Comment

Originally posted by 44Stephen View Post
          Any stamps or tags?
          Unfortunately I dont see any stamps or tags.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

The badges on the arm don't add up. There is a Gefreiter chevron and underneath that is the patch of a Zimmerman Maat , that is two different ranks , so that do make any sense.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. So in your opinion is the shirt a post war construction? The threads dont shine under UV light - however I am not well informed enough to tell if the insignias have been added post war.

Thank you!
              William

Comment

Originally posted by bsrmilitaria View Post
                Thank you for the reply. So in your opinion is the shirt a post war construction? The threads dont shine under UV light - however I am not well informed enough to tell if the insignias have been added post war.

Thank you!
                William
                I am afraid it could be the case

Comment

Thanks Jen! Are there any areas of the shirt that I should post for confirmation? Also what about the breast eagle. Has it been re-sewn?

Thanks again!

Comment

I guess the eagle most be resewn, because i believe the shirt to be a post war Bundesmarine shirt. I can confirm that the arm patches are wartime originals , probably sewn on the shirt to pass this as a original. In the future I would stay away from unstamped/marked shirts of this kind, if I was you.

Comment

Hi again,

After reading your comment I noticed that the Bundesmarine shirts were actually made differently compared to my piece - also comparing it to other war time examples appears to be correct.

I also looked again under different light and noticed a marking maybe :
                      B A K

Does anyone have any input to these updates?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is another war time example with similar markings.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I believe all things to be wartime originals, including the shirt itself, but agree with Jens re the insignia being reapplied after the war and incorrectly, both in terms of combination as well as position.
                          Martin

Comment

I take my statement about the shirt back. I agree with Martin in all of his points. I had me suspension about the shirt because of the incorrect combination of arm patches and lack of stamps
                            Last edited by danish dragoon; 03-20-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help! I very much appreciate it!

William

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X