KM cap tallies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM cap tallies

I've had a few additions to the collection, so I thought I'd show them off.
    Thanks for looking,
    Steve
    Attached Files

They look good. Would be great to see reverse shots just to be sure.
    Some great ships listed. The tallies have held up very nicely from time and appear in great condition.

Thanks for sharing.

JustinG

Comment

Nice collection! I haven't bought myself a new one in a long, looong time. Now I see these ones nicely displayed together it somewhat awoke my interest in tallies again. Thanks for making me realise how much I like these

Comment

thanks for the comments guys. Unfortunately Marcel they're only displayed on the duvet in the spare bedroom at the moment
        Here are some closer pics of the Leipzig, Georg Thiele and Greif. I think I've posted all of the others before except the Nürnberg.
        Steve
        Attached Files

Comment

Close ups of the reverse
          Attached Files

Comment

You have a lovely collection. Metal thread and cotton versions, nice. The Cotton are very nice and hold up very nicely with the passage of time. The Metal thread are very pretty but can oxidize, fade and can be very finicky and delicate.
            These have been my collecting passion/addiction for over 10 years. It is as fun to research the ships and their service history as well. I personally use 35mm film canisters for storing mützenbänder. It is a very reasonable area to collect in as well with regards to prices.

Best Regards,
            JustinG

Comment

Thanks Justin, I've really enjoyed collecting these the past couple of years. A couple of mine (Frederich Ihn and Köln) are cellon. As you say, researching the ships is a big part of the fun.
              S

Comment

You have some nice tallies, very nice indeed. Here are the only ones I have, bought in a convolute from a sailor who served on the ship "Kreuzer Königsberg"
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X