Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM leather jackets grey vs. black

Hi,

I am interested in the ratio of black to grey leather jackets and pants. It appears that those issued to W-SS were mainly black with few grey ones. Is there anything special about grey vs. black ?

I am interested mainly from them being reused by the ground forces.

Thanks !

I read that the black ones were for machine room crews where stains would be less apparent...and gray ones for other duties...
    Tankers wore black based on the photographic record. Never see in gray one used in panzers...
    BUT
    I also read that grey was typical for KM across the board and that all the black ones were a contract for the Italian Navy but later pressed into German service
    (after Italy's armistice Sep 1943 and not delivered) ...but originally destined for their maritime forces...Not sure if that is true...
    My gray set here...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 02-19-2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks.
      I read also conflicting info about who, what and when but there must be enough info on KM issued and used leather jackets and pants including colors.

From the photos, most jackets used by panzer crews are black but on some photos they appear to be grey. I find it hard to believe that only black were reissued to ground troops.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X