Summer Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Tunic

Good morning, I’ve been offered this as part trade on an item... would very much appreciate your thoughts and opinions on this, I have never had any tunic or uniform item before.

Here are the photos...

Board -

Breast Eagle -

Label/Name -

Inside -

Pockets/Buttons -

Held on with rings ? Seems odd...

Thanks guys [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More of the Breast Eagle

Comment

Nice EARLY tunic no red flags as far as i can see but your breast eagle is a well known fake so if you want to get rid of it please get in touch with me it's of course a joke this is a rare original breast eagle made by Schwerin

Comment

Originally posted by 48RMC View Post
        Nice EARLY tunic no red flags as far as i can see but your breast eagle is a well known fake so if you want to get rid of it please get in touch with me it's of course a joke this is a rare original breast eagle made by Schwerin

Hello,

Thanks very much for your comments, really appreciate it... I was reading that thinking “damn that’s a shame” then to “that’s great!” Glad to hear it’s an original Schwerin! [emoji4]

Comment

All comments and opinions welcomed [emoji1303] the good and the bad, would like to know as much as possible about this item...

Comment

Hi Ben,

Further to your request, I must say I know diddly skwat about cloth/uniforms but...

1) Buttons are attached with rings for the same reason the eagle is only pinned on: so they can be removed easily to clean the tunic

2) I agree with 48RMC. Your bird definitely has the umistakable "Schwerin" look to it. One of the better summer eagles IMO. Here are a few more to compare. It should be noted that not all of them are maker marked but the design is very unique

Take care
            JC
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice uniform. I own its twin. I believe per the regulations the shoulderboards for the white uniform were supposed to be white backed,
              so white underlay matching the uniform.
              So perhaps not always adhered to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
                Hi Ben,

Further to your request, I must say I know diddly skwat about cloth/uniforms but...

1) Buttons are attached with rings for the same reason the eagle is only pinned on: so they can be removed easily to clean the tunic

2) I agree with 48RMC. Your bird definitely has the umistakable "Schwerin" look to it. One of the better summer eagles IMO. Here are a few more to compare. It should be noted that not all of them are maker marked but the design is very unique

Take care

JC

Good morning JC,

Many thanks for your reply.. I did wonder why they were attached with rings, now that makes a lot of sense! I did some comparing because I remember asking about the Schwerin eagle in a past post.. I thought it was a good one and very good to know you believe it is too...

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                  Nice uniform. I own its twin. I believe per the regulations the shoulderboards for the white uniform were supposed to be white backed,

Thanks very much for your comments NickG, ahh maybe someone switched them out or added them post war if they were missing.. or as you say not always adhered too..

Comment

I think that, especially, on the White tunic "alter art" it was not the case with the white underlay.

Mine is here, also with black underlay:

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                    Attached Files

Comment

Gents... I have been told the buttons on this tunic are bundesmarine ?

And sent the photo below, is there any truth in this ?

Left Kriegsmarine and right Bundesmarine...

Comment

More of the buttons -

Comment

no

Originally posted by Welsh RS View Post

This statement is not correct. Both types were used. Your jacket is a good one, no worries.
                          But interesting: On my jackets there might be a "pattern"

The one you described as Kriegsmarine are on all my OKK tailored jackets. The "Bundesmarine" ones are all on private tailored items (but I have private tailored ones with the KM buttons too)...

Is the jackets as it was worn during the TR ? Nobody knows....
                          Unfortunately I could not find the name in the rank lists. Maybe a reserve officer.

Regards
                          Christian

Comment

no

Originally posted by Welsh RS View Post

This statement is not correct. Both types were used. Your jacket is a good one, no worries.
                            But interesting: On my jackets there might be a "pattern"

The one you described as Kriegsmarine are on all my OKK tailored jackets. The "Bundesmarine" ones are all on private tailored items (but I have private tailored ones with the KM buttons too)...

Unfortunately I could not find the name in the rank lists. Maybe a reserve officer.

Regards
                            Christian

Comment

Gentlemen...

I saw summer tunics that had golden eagle in a white background .... can they be original? or are they replicas?
                              Can someone give me explanations?

Anyway congratulations for the tunic is very beautiful!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X