EM/NCO Cap and Tally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EM/NCO Cap and Tally?

This was listed in the Imperial section but now i belive it dates from the early 30's I bought it as a pile of none related scrap really but something made me try to construct one example out of it all. Now im begining to think its an early washable white top were the tally fits around the edge, tally has been stiffend using card, and ive placed the blue top on top that was found with the group, its not exactly pretty but im i on the right track I belive the unit tally was changed in the early 30's and the cap finished with around the same date
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

These two last pics are what i found in the bag. The white washable cap has black thread around its circumference i pressume to hold the tally but with the tally being stitched to the carded material there is no way of me constructing it properly and i dont want to go cutting at anything
      Attached Files

Comment

Greetings, an interesting grouping. The Tally is a period tally in my opinion. It isn't too rare. I agree, you shouldn't attempt to remove from the headband piece.
        Your photos make it sort of tricky. I would like to see a more close up view of the actual inside headband and what the construction of that is. The white and dark tops are also with these photos a bit suspect as well. I haven't seen too many period tops with the sort of cheesecloth construction.

The comments are my own and are just that.

Best regards,
        JustinG

Comment

Thanks Justin, will try and get better picks soon, crap weather here in the uk so having to try and take shots inside, but here is one of the white tops
          Attached Files

Comment

The tally looks like a period faded metal one, no problem.
            The rest I've no idea about, sorry.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X