Help with KM summer tunic eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with KM summer tunic eagle

Hi all, I purchased this awhile ago and was curious to get opinions on of it's real or reproduction. It is a Kriegsmarine pin-on eagle for the summer tunic, maker marked by Aßmann.

Gorgeous Original !!!!!

Comment

I'm not familiar with this particular type, but it looks like cast production and has a very unusual looking bottom hook.

I'm happy to be learn if someone has first-hand knowledge of this variant but on the surface of things, it doesn't look promising. Is it possible to get closeups of the hardware attachment areas?

Perhaps J-C will chime in since he collects all variants of KM summer eagles.

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

I agree with Norm: a nicely detailed repro based on the original Assmann 2nd pattern summer eagle IMO. The front looks great but the reverse hardware gives it away. There are many variants of this repro with different style hardware available from various re-inactement/repro dealer sites. In this particular case it look like the copy you can get from Riddick in the US with a replaced/repaired lower clasp and catch but the hinge and pin are identical. Attached is a silver version of the same bird I bought out of curiosity a few years back.

Best

JC
        Attached Files

Comment

Just uploading the images from the opening post from the host server so they're not lost from the thread later. You can see casting pits and flaws on both obverse and reverse.

Best regards,
          ---Norm
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
            Just uploading the images from the opening post from the host server so they're not lost from the thread later. You can see casting pits and flaws on both obverse and reverse.

Best regards,
            ---Norm
            Norm, thanks for the help. I had several people say it was legit, but something just seemed off to me. I couldn't find another original with the bottom hook like that. Again, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by swjXE View Post
              Gorgeous Original !!!!!
              Convince me then please.

Comment

Ok

I have one that came of a km trophy belt 100% original

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X