is this a U-boat dock yard worker badge kriegsmarine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this a U-boat dock yard worker badge kriegsmarine

This badge, made by Tweer & Turck Lüdenscheid, was sold on WAF. Because I have never seen it, I want to discuss it here. It seems odd that the serial number to identify the worker is added at the back instead of at the front as seen on other workers badges. At the front there is a sloppy eagle over M stamp.

Has this badge been positively identified as a KM dock workers badge in pictures or wartime documents yet please?

u boat KIEL workers pin tweer turck1.jpg

u boat KIEL workers pin tweer turck2.jpg

[ATTACH]3857107[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3857108[/ATTACH]

Comment

no opinions?

Comment

Well the sunburst type appearance reminds me of the Schlesweig-Holstein crest. I haven't seen anything like this?
        I can offer no opinion except just my opinion. I am skeptical. I haven't come across a pin like this where the KM eagle and "M" were on the obverse. This seems doctored up IMHO. I am not even sure what this pin is used for or what the letter on the front might possibly stand for?
        Manly, I posted so I could quickly reference and learn something if other more knowledgeable members post.

Best
        JustinG

Do you have the original thread or link for the sale here on WAF? What and how did that person determine KM origination?

Comment

kriegsmarine dock yard worker badge

[ATTACH]3858988[/ATTACH]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X