Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torpedo Propeller ????

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone can help me identify what purports to be the propellers from a torpedo? Apologies for posting in the wrong place - I didn't know where better to post where someone who might be able to identfiy it would see it. Although it was identified as a German torpedo propellor and came from Kiel, I'm 95 % sure it isn't German, and have strong doubts that it is from any torpedo. It certainly isn't from a G7H - maybe an outboard motor?!? It appears to be stainless steel, is very well made, in three parts, the cone, the three bladed prop, and the four bladed prop. It is very light, and quite small - about 11.5 inches in diameter at its widest. The center of the four bladed prop has the markings "S [followed by a strange superscribed letter that could be a "T"] "N" [followed by a superscribed "0"] "16083" - in other words it reads like S [something] No 16083 - hardly a typical German marking! Elsewhere it has "r90" "P" & "6CJ". Any help identifying it would be appreciated. As I said, I know what it isn't but I'm curious to know what it is.
    Regards
    Keith
    Attached Files

Indeed not a Kriegsmarine torpedopropellor Keith

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X