MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battleship Scharnhorst Badges / Pins Identification Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battleship Scharnhorst Badges / Pins Identification Help!

Hello! One of my all-time favorite Kriegsmarine ships was the Scharnhorst - a gallant lady who went down swinging against all odds. Of course, I'm a bit in the market for Scharnhorst militaria if the price is right.

I have two items that I was looking at that require identification and authentication from the community. I'm only going to post up pics because I might want a chance at purchasing one / both of these things .

According to the seller, this pin below was a member badge of sorts that was made in the 1950s for members of the Battleship Scharnhorst.

This fella (kinda pricey, but I might try to wheel and deal a bit to lower the price) is apparently a badge for the battleship. That being said, I don't know if its wartime or post-war, but this is the first time I've seen such a prize.

Thanks again!

The back of the (Nadel) Needle pin is crucial for identification of a pin like this. The seller should be willing to provide you with those shots, if not, run away. I wanted to remind you to check out the Kriegsmarine tally section. There is a Scharnhorst fake also known as a Belfast fake. Beware if you purchase a mützenband that is not full length (100cm or longer).
    The wreath/ornament looks interesting, it has been repaired by the looks of it. Can't clearly make out the manufacturer mark. Really don't have enough experience to help you out with that.
    I think you have plenty of room to negotiate as the seller even described the pin as post war and the ship in the wreath as an ornament with no official or issued provenance. IMHO.

Best Regards,
    Justin

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
      The back of the (Nadel) Needle pin is crucial for identification of a pin like this. The seller should be willing to provide you with those shots, if not, run away. I wanted to remind you to check out the Kriegsmarine tally section. There is a Scharnhorst fake also known as a Belfast fake. Beware if you purchase a mützenband that is not full length (100cm or longer).
      The wreath/ornament looks interesting, it has been repaired by the looks of it. Can't clearly make out the manufacturer mark. Really don't have enough experience to help you out with that.
      I think you have plenty of room to negotiate as the seller even described the pin as post war and the ship in the wreath as an ornament with no official or issued provenance. IMHO.

Best Regards,
      Justin
      I found the back to the Scharnhorst emblem pin. Is this genuine? I don't see any markings on the back. The measurements for the pin are apparently 16X13 mm, but that probably means the logo over the length of the needle.

Comment

I found something that could help you. This is a commemorative replica pin for Bismarck. It looks like the words at the bottom match the old Scharnhorst pin. That being said, the Bismarck pin is a reproduction, so I don't know if the Scharnhorst is from the WW2 era...or is a battered copy.

Comment

Your round Schalchtschiffe Scharnhorst medal is a Volksmarsch medal from the 70's. There were a group of them to commemorate the ships of the KM and various Generals (Rommel). Same goes for the Bismark pin, looks like the remnants of a Volksmarsch medal that was re-purposed. Try doing a search for Volksmarsch medals as I think there was a thread and I remember posting photos of the various ship medals. Again, all from the 70's, so value....5-10 teuro's?

Comment

I guess I gotta thank you then because the seller for the Scharnhorst pin was charging $80+ for it. That saves me a lot of money O_O.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X