Early BeVo eagle opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early BeVo eagle opinions

Hello, I got yesterday in a show here in Spain a blue enlisted man jumper with this eagle sewn, clearly not original from it and not blue, before remove it want to be sure that it is an early model KM fielgrey one.
    Attached Files
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Ok for me , an original rare early KM green eagle .
    Are you sure it's not original sewn on , as the back thread looks to be very close to the thread used for the jumper ?
    Nick

Comment

+1!

Comment

Nick agrre with you and that was my first thought, but you can see clearly the shadow of other eagle
        Attached Files

Regards
        Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

Like this , yes ! Not that evident on a picture ...
          Nick

Comment

Hi Eduardo,

Far from an expert but I also think the eagle was replaced by a nice (but worn one) at some point. When new these birds have a broader wool backing than the one applied here so there would be no reason for the sewing to be so close to the eagle. The eagle was trimmed at one point probably when it was removed form another uniform. If you look at the attached picture of an un-issued bird before it was affixed to a uniform I am pretty sure the outine would be a closer match in size/proportion to that of the "shadow" you have identified on the inside of the jumper assuming it was the same early style bird...

I hope this makes sens

Best regards

JC
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your imputs mates, much apreciated

Regards
              Eduardo

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                Nick agrre with you and that was my first thought, but you can see clearly the shadow of other eagle
                Eduardo to me it seems quite obvious that there are some traces from a previous eagle which has been removed by the one which is still in place

Comment

Hi Eduardo, just a bit curious as to where on the jumper the eagle is sitting? Normally the right wing goes over the breast seam of the jumper but here it seems a seam is in a different location.
                  Have you got a picture of the entire jumper, just to satisfy my curiosity?
                  Cheers,
                  Martin

Comment

Martin, here you have
                    Attached Files

Regards
                    Eduardo

Comment

Thanks mate, that looks like a big one, which may explain why that seam is a bit further out from the opening.. although somehow you'd expect the eagle to then be moved further out as well...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X