Kriegsmarine Mailbag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Mailbag

Hello. About a month ago I bought what is said to be a Kriegsmarine mail bag or sack on the estand. It is a sort of course linen (not canvas) and has “Feldpost” the eagle and swastika and “kriegsmarine” stencilled (?) on the front and “C.B. Line Leinenfabrik 1944” stencilled on the rear. A few things about it make me nervous. Can I get some opinions about it please? I tried googling and couldn't find either originals or fakes.
    Thanks. Keith
    Attached Files

A fantasy bag, there were no "Kriegsmarine"Feldpost, all the field post was transacted by the Reichspost!

Best regards
    Dirk
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dirk, I really do appreciate it. Would someone else care to confirm this? I'm hopeful that the seller will take it back but it would be good to have a few opinions to back it up. Of course if anyone feels differently I'd like to hear that too, although I suspect it is unlikely!

Comment

Fake kriegsmarine mailbag

100% fake item indeed, try to get your money back, even if it wasn't that expensive! Tip: put it on WAF before you buy it.

Comment

I have to agree it is a fantasy item unfortunately.
          Martin

Comment

Thanks to all who have replied. The seller - who is a regular on the forum - says that he believed it to be genuine, but will take it back. I'll post an update when it is (hopefully) resolved. Regards Keith

Comment

well done and thumbs up for the honest seller

I have spotted a similar one via pinterest, sold on ebay

https://www.google.be/search?q=feldp...Be6Bix7n90wtM:

Comment

Update. I just wanted to thank those that responded to this thread, and especially the seller who did as he said he would and gave a refund. His name is Ricardo, and he uses the handle Gernika81. Obviously a decent and honourable guy, and a credit to the collecting fraternity.
                Best regards
                Keith

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X