WTK U-Boat Clock in issue box - value ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTK U-Boat Clock in issue box - value ?

Just picked this up, fresh out of the woodwork, has never previously been in a collection - direct from an estate. Did some looking online, and it is affiliated with being used in U-Boats, but probably used in every other Kriegsmarine ship or station.

My question is the value - because I am looking to sell it. It is neat, but not my sort of thing. What is super neat about it is it came in its original issue cardboard box which is faintly marked, what looks like 14/141 R on the end, wrapping paper and cardboard insert for the clock.

The drawback, the clock is mounted on a wood/bakelite mounting base. The wood is perfect, but the bakelite has cracked. The clock winds...but I don't see how it actually starts (perhaps it should after winding - I don't know), but the winding does not slip or anything. The adjustment knob is free also and the hands move. Again, I don't really want to mess with it, but rather find it a collection that it can be appreciated in more than my own.

The lens, markings and everything about it is completely unissued and beautiful. Haven't cleaned it or anything.

Let me know what you think on value - again, I'm looking to sell it.
    Attached Files

The clock has been sold. Thank you for your interest.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X