Some muetzenbaender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some muetzenbaender

I've picked up a few new cap tallies. For those that don't know, the Leopard carried AH to shore from the Deutschland when he arrived to take over the Memelland in March '39.
    Im confident the Iltis and leopard are Metal. I think the Seeadler and Räumbootsflotille might be cotton? I've never handled a cotton one, but I think they're different than my cellon bands. Hopefully someone can set me straight!
    Thanks for looking,
    Steve
    Attached Files

Close-ups of the Seeadler
    Attached Files

Comment

Close-ups of the Rauembootsflottille
      Attached Files

Comment

Iltis, Seeadler, 1. Rauembootsflotille 1.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice period tallies. You are correct, those are cotton tallies which I like quite a bit. Therefore they are issue tallies. Yours are in such nice shape unlikely ever worn, but not important.

Seeadler and the rest of those types did not last long in the war, although they had been around quite a long time before the war started.

So interesting to check out the histories of these ships, part of the fun of collecting cap tallies IMO.

John

Comment

Nice set. The Cotton are nice because they will never worry about fading. I personally like the Metal thread versions best myself. Very nice.

Best Regards,
            JustinG

Comment

Nice tallies in good shape. You got it right, two gold thread and two cotton.

Still need the Leopard here (and three others) to finish the Torpedoboote.

Comment

Thanks for the informative comments fellas, as always!
                Good luck finding the Leopard Frank. What are the others you're looking for?

Comment

The Leopard isn't in this list but almost every other one is here.

https://www.weitze.net/cgi-bin/suche...nd+Torpedoboot

Regards,
                  JustinG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X