Schulschiff Albert Leo Schlageter Tally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schulschiff Albert Leo Schlageter Tally

I happen to be looking for information about the versions of some of the tallies which have smaller Fraktur lettering (just picked up a Kreuzer Karlsruhe (I have read alternately that they are early pieces or meant for children)

In any case, in trying to find some answers, I happen to stumble across this image posted on the gentlemen's military interest club website:

http://gmic.co.uk/topic/55203-kriegs...comment-539432

Scroll down to post number 43 and you will see what appears to be an original image of a pair of Kriegsmarine sailors wearing tallies reading "Schulschiff Albert Leo Schlageter" (I have included the image here as well)

Am I wrong, or was there some speculation that this tally didn't exist and only should have been "Schulschiff Leo Schlageter"? Or is it only "Segelschulschiff Albert Leo Schlageter" which never occurred (if for no other reason than it can't possibly have fit around the tellermuetze )?

Thanks
    Chris
    Attached Files

I have seen both a full name spelled out with Segelschulschiff Albert Leo Schlageter and an abbreviated version Segelschulschiff A.L. Schlageter.
    Kind of like the U-Begleitschiff Erwin Waßner, there were two versions. A full spelled version and an abbreviated version.

Best Regards,
    Justin
    Last edited by JustinG; 02-28-2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Are you sure Justin about Segelschulschiff Albert Leo Schlageter? Shouldn't it be Schulschiff Albert Leo Schlageter and Segelschulschiff A.L. Schlageter?

I believe that the small letter versions are for children. Nice photos of tallies btw.
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X