No announcement yet.

Olt. Gerold Hauber reefer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I can see lapel buttonholes in pictures in posts 12 and 13, but somebody told me about two pictures that shown reefers without them, I will see them tomorrow night when arrive to Louisville
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by frwi View Post
      Quite intersting, I have had this grouping in my hands and the tunic had then no name label in it that I could find. Another collector bought it at Kasel and asked me to look at it. I did not like the reefer jacket (and Eduardo did'nt at that time either). My judgement at that time was that this was a put together grouping around the soldbuch and there was no evidence supporting that the rest was from Hauber. The collector returned the grouping.
      I still have the same feeling

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

Uniform Uboat Commander Hauber

Some back ground infomation on this grouping of Uboat Commander Hauber.

This complete set was given to a german runner together with other uniform items by Frau Hauber after Hans-Gerold Hauber had died in the tragic accident during his holiday in Fuerteventura.

Most of the items have been sold in the past years, but this set was kept together. In no respect has this set been put together as stated in previous posts.

In one post a member mentioned that he had not seen the tailor's lable when he was looking at the tunic some years ago and now he sees one..... The lable has always been there, before and after he had a look at the tunic; he has overlooked this lable being in the inner pocket.

This is the actual jacket which was especially ordered by Hauber with a Stuttgarter tailor on occassion of his wedding and therefore has special features. Frau Hauber has especially mentioned this as this day was a highlight in their lives...

A complete uniform set to a Uboat commander is very rare to appear on the market and it is a unique opportunity to obtain such a named set; a pity that people therefore think that because of that it must have been put together. Yes, sometimes unique groupings like this one do show up....

Remarks on the cap will be made in the thread in which the cap has been brought up for discussion.

Comment

Thanks for the information, very interesting.

If this one was made for Hauber's wedding it would be really interesting to see pictures of him wearing this tunic, I'm still very interesting in confirm that these reefers with no lapel holes were made in period.

Regards
          Eduardo

Comment

Working on trying to get the weddding photo....especially as these were often in a posed position and professionally made in a larger size.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X