Need Help with a Kriegsmarine NCO jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with a Kriegsmarine NCO jacket

I having found a Kriegmarine Bootsmannsmaats rank jacket for sale. I trust the seller and site. I was wondering if you all could help me with the breast eagle, to me it looks like an officer's eagle. Has anyone seen a NCO jacket with this type of eagle before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[IMG] [/IMG]

Not sure that all the sleeve insignia is appropriate, but it is entirely appropriate for that eagle to be there and I have seen that on many such jackets.

Comment

I agree with Leroy when comes to the eagle. You can often find period photos where Maats and Obermaats is wearing officers class eagles.

But the badges on the sleeve do not add up. The Star is the " Laufbahn " badge for a enlisted man and the golden anchor is the badge for a Bootsmanns Maat, which is two different ranks and that would be a impossible combination.

It is also strange to see the specialty badge for Motoren Lehrgang III ( Red ships propeller ) on a Bootmanns Maat jacket. Normally this badge was only worn by Engine personnel.

So i think somebody has added the badges to make the jacket look more interesting, but that person did not do a very good job.

Comment

Thanks for the help! I greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X